Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » NAKED MUSIC? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aholloway
Username: Aholloway

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone that I know will tell you that My first love Is Jesus Christ and my second love is music.

I sing, so music is my life. I love all types of music but one of my favorite types of music is Gospel. Artists like Karen Clark-Sheard, Tonex, Kierra Kiki Sheard, The Clark Sisters(who's new cd hott), J-moss, and many others.

About a 2 month's ago my friend was listening to this song and the melody was so awesome and it was smooth and sexy. I was like who is this? She responded This is Aya.

I said AYA, Who is that? And that is when the whole conversation about Naked Music came about.

Aya is a young artist who is very unique. Her style is very smooth and comforting.

Aya is not the only artist under the Naked Music Label they have a host of others, all who share in the melodic awesomeness Of Aya.

Naked Music's Mission is to release forward thinking urban, soul, and dance music from a diverse roster of up and coming artists.

If you are sick of the vulgar harshness of most of todays popular artists Check out AYA's New Cd called STRANGE FLOWER

AYA

You will not be disappointed in This artist AYA!
just give it a try! "She is like food to a fat kid"! lol gotta love it!

Also if you would like to check out more artists like AYA or you want to know more about NAKED MUSIC here is there website www.naked-music.com and here is AYA'S MYSPACE LINK www.myspace.com-ayanakedmusic

My Favorites from AYA'S Album STRANGE FLOWER

Slippin
Sean
Looking For The Sun
Uptown Dub
Ill Never Give In
I love the whole album but those are my favorites. If you go to the naked music website and click on albums you can hear some of the songs!

Tell me how you like it!
God Bless You!

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!!! I will definitely check it out.

Aholloway

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO Prob It reminds me of some of the music they play at DEM.

Some of there artist perform there as well.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is in no way related to Detroit...

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're Good! 5th Avenue (Downtown) played them ALOT! That's how I 1st heard of 'em!

Aholloway

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well It is my son! Karen Clark Sheard, Kierra Kiki Sheard, J moss and the Clark Sisters were born and Live In Detroit.

Also Detroit is the Birth Place of House music so I wanted to share this type of house music with Detroiter's.
God BLess You Sir,

Aholloway

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Waxx 5th Avenue is that a club? If so what type of Club is it? Ive been looking for a club that played this kind of music. Is this the only one in the metro Detroit area?

Waxx

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was @ Comerica "COPA" Park. This one was located in the NW corner of COPA facing Hockeytown (4merly 2nd City). I miss it dearly and I hope that it resurfaces. There's two other locations, one in Novi (Train Station No.VI to the old schoolers), and the other in Royal Oak). But the 5th Avenue downtown was a restaurant, bar, poolhall, nightclub and they had free salsa every Sunday! And you mentioned Naked Music, they also played Kruder & Dorfmeister, Tosca, Hendrix, Miles, Santana, Tito Puente, Carl Cox, and many others. Even on nights when it was dead, LITERALLY dead, somehow something made it come alive just for that evening! U wanna meet some fine girls, that's the place-there are others (obviously)-good food and spirits, good atmosphere! When I moved back to Detroit From Clinton Twp., I made it my aim to go to 5th Ave as often as possible. I'm not sure, but it was closed because Illitch wanted more a month 4 it-that's the rumor and I hope I'm wrong on that one-you'd think with the loot he got, he'd cut those guys a break. Memphis Smoke in Royal Oak kicks ass as well.

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3784
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please remove this advertisement from the forum.

Waxx

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which one? There were several on this thread.

Aholloway

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys on here are crazy at times lol I guess thats why I love this site anyway, as I stated earlier. I wanted to inform and find out about any locations in THE DETROIT AREA THAT PLAYED THIS TYPE OF MUSIC.

Waxx

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...I STILL don't know what the deal is. I mean, WHAT advertisement?!? I'm confused with that one. But 2 U, Aholloway, I hope that tidbit of information that I posted before Skulker requested some 'ad' 2 be taken off this forum (???). And U were right about one thing, it may not be the exact same thing, but some of it is in relation 2 the music you'd hear @ the DEMF. If you check out Snooker's, very seldom will you hear anything by naked music there. But if you check out some of the art galleries as well as some local (and nationwide) bookstores, even some indy-owned coffee/smoothie shops, you'll sometimes hear 'em there as well. And, I don't know if they do it today due to some recent changes, but WDET used to play that kind of music OFTEN!

Just a little something else 4 the masses (like you and I) 2 chew on as well as PISSIN' OFF THE HATERS (lol)!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.