Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Can Anybody Recommend a Veterinarian? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4237
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well I am related to a real good one, but he is in Sterling heights

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have lived in midtown for almost 2 years and still use a clinic in Dearborn. The vets are great their price is reasonable.

http://www.dearbornfamilypetca re.com/

Sid
Username: Sid

Post Number: 440
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you cat needs a shoebox and a shovel.

Sid

Post Number: 441
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry. couldn't resist myself.

the michigan humane society on the service drive of 75 and west grand blvd right between hamtramck and new center is good i think. it seems a tad on the expensive side, but i figure its going to a good cause seeing as they take care of all the animals.

Sid

Post Number: 442
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and calls to move this thread are coming in 3,....2,......1......

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jefferson Veterinary Center Jefferson at St. Jean went there the first time last Saturday with my new pooch It seemed ok to me!

Sid

Post Number: 443
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good call norwalk. they are good too.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Platz Animal Hospital on Mack near the border of Detroit and Grosse Pointe. Wonderful staff and reasonably priced.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5025
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cat Practice in Birmingham specializes in cats (obviously) and I know of plenty of people that take their more troubled felines there for care. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.thecatpracticepc.co m/about.html

(from a non-cat person here)

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we take our cat here. So do some coworkers and nieghbors. Good vet and the oldest vet hospital in Detroit. Glynes is a couple blocks from mid town.

Glynes Graham, Patterson Dog & Cat Hospital
(313) 832-7282
3800 Grand River Ave

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royal Oak Animal Hospital
(248) 542-7330
824 S. Main St.
Royal Oak MI 48067

Very kind, efficient and you won't have to take out a home loan.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1983
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grosse Pointe Animal Clinic on Kercheval - Dr Herzog is great and does a lot for the community

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone I know goes to Patterson.

Vic_doucette
Username: Vic_doucette

Post Number: 325
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glynes is a great vet and a good friend. Lives in the city as well. She's been taking care of our cats for years.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3352
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto. Patterson.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One more cheer for Patterson. Not the prettiest building, but they've been around for more than 150 years and Dr. Glynis is good people.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 999
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second sid's recommendation for the Detroit MHS. However, I found their prices to be lower than the vet's office. I take my 10 yo corgi mix there. They take really good care of my baby.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patterson. Jefferson Vet Center had me going around in circles for weeks and lots of $$ for my cat. Said it was an allergy that was affecting his ears Took him to Patterson, and they diagnosed ear mites and it was fixed the first time. Even when Glynes is away on vacation, the other vets are just as cool.

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

go to Patterson on Grand River.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 907
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It used to be a nice veterinarian on McNichols and Bradford, but he's been closed for a while. I'm assuming he passed away or retired. There used to be Hoin's on 8 Mile, bu the either died or retired because his name is not on it anymore.

Listen to your other fellow members, lol.

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 366
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know it's a bit out of the way, but I couldn't recommend a better vet than Dr. David Carron at Plaza Veterinary in Farmington. On Mooney off of Grand River just past Orchard Lake Rd. 248-476-3662. I friend recommend him to me a few years back and I've never looked for another vet since. He is just wonderful with animals and he has a terrific support staff as well.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 781
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll second Chalu64's recommendation of Platz AH on Mack (between Beaconsfield & Somerset in GPP.) Chris Platz and the rest of the crew are good people.
This Patterson place sounds like a good option, keep your green in the city if you can, but I've never been there so can't speak to the care.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr. Platz was our vet back in the 80's. He took care of our dog from the time she was 6 wks old. She lived to be 16 and Dr. Platz cried right along with us when we had to take her out of her misery. He's a wonderful, compassionate man and I would recommend him to anyone.

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 512
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr. Timothy Schacht who had his modern cake shaped office building on the southwest corner of East Jefferson and St. Jean especially designed for a veterary practice.

His telephone number (313) 822-2555

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 302
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My friend, Jimmie Thompson is a Vegetarian. I would recommend him.

Toybreaker
Username: Toybreaker

Post Number: 52
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend Jefferson, they saved my cat's life when he was sure to meet his doom, and were NOT overpriced at all.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2049
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sid, wow, there's a blast from the past

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 513
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should have mention Dr. Schacht's practice is known as the Jefferson Veterinary Clinic.

Bob Cosgrove

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I very highly recommend Dr. John Simon at Woodside Animal Clinic in Royal Oak (on Woodward north of 11 Mile). He practices both conventional and holistic veterinary medicine: http://www.doc4pets.com

Russell
Username: Russell

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harvey Animal clinic on Mack in Detroit south of Moross is a good place. Dr. Alexander is a good vet. She is very considerate.

Jiscodazz
Username: Jiscodazz

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patterson(Grand River and Commonwealth) is the place. Oldest vet in the D and the State. They're all really really nice there.

Sid

Post Number: 446
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dial - same for matt. I am here every day! I just think there's nothing but drivel to talk about. Karl that ass hijacks every political thread. The baseball talk is all bunched up in megathread. Illich is the devil threads, mass transit, violence, blah.....blah....

This kid = Tkierpiec

This has been like the most helpful thread ever.

If I had a 22 year old cat that needed an IV.... I wouldn't have a cat.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 506
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson,Patterson, Patterson, Patterson...

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3782
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jefferson Veterinary Clinic.

Dr. Schacht is one of the best. Highly, highly recommended.

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd strongly recommend the Michigan Humane Society clinic. Couldn't be more convenient for you in midtown, and the head vet, Dr. Cece has been there for years. They're the best!

Aoife
Username: Aoife

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the vets at Harper Woods Veterinary Clinic (off the service drive at the Allard exit of 94)- they are really caring an give excellent service. They just saved my cat last week- he ate a part of a shoe and had to have surgery. Too bad they could not do anything to inflate his intelligence so he will stop eating strange things......

Benjo
Username: Benjo

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been taking my dog to Harper Veterinary Hospital on Harper just north of Outer Dr. for the past two years. Dr. Samad is really nice, and he is reasonably priced.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll second Dr. Platz and the staff at Platz animal hospital on Mack on the GP/Detroit border. Great staff. We've gone there for over 8 years.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 924
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No one mentioned the obvious Pet doctor (MHS). I'm not sure if they have a public one but it never hurts to see.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am impressed with all the passion about this - we do love our pets

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1528
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck with your cat, Tkierpiec. I just lost one of my kitties to old age and I would have done anything to keep her going.

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Oldredfordette.

I've deleted my posts. I apologize for starting this thread. Lowell, Could you please delete it?

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why are you acting like a baby because of one poster?

Buck up young man... you got the information you wanted. Why delete the whole thread so no one else can benefit from that info?

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a woman, first of all...not a young man. And how is asking to have a thread deleted "acting like a baby"? I did get wonderful information and I thank everybody for that. But if this thread is inappropriate, I'd like to see it deleted. Or moved. Can't win here! People irritated because I started the thread. People irritated because I asked to have it deleted.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 450
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I've deleted my posts. I apologize for starting this thread. Lowell, Could you please delete it?

No need to apologize Tkierpiec, just get some thicker skin and KNOW when to ignore certain posts that are not relevant to the thread subject.

Good luck finding a vet to help your kitty cat out.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you were male.

And I don't think you would've gotten all these responses if people were really irritated by you starting the thread.

Typically posts of this nature are in the Detroit Connections thread.

And yes deleting all of your posts so the thread makes absolutely no sense now, is silly.

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr. Rob Lerner at Jones Vet Hosp. Mt. Vernon[9 1/2 mi. and Southfield Rd. Nice people and been there since 1952.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.