Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 25 mile,Romeo Plank ,Wolverine golf course area « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Little_buddy
Username: Little_buddy

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone from the area.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, but it sounds nice!

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1705
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wolverine Golf Club. A few years ago, while sitting at the bar, a man asked "Who owns the club?"
The bar tender answered "You don't wanna know".

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm from hall road and romeo plank, that is sort of close

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the 9th Hole fairway.

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 316
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grew up in Utica, and golfed there often. there was some investigation into the activities of the owners, in the early 90s I think.

they had 54 holes there, so there was almost never a back-up, even on weekends.

Ewo
Username: Ewo

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The course is closed. It got sold to a developer and is currently waiting for the streaming masses to buy up the lots.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 339
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive been through there a lot over the years. I always liked 25 mile Rd. from Romeo Plank to Card before the development of the last 10 years. It sure looks a lot different there than it used to. I hate the subdivision at 26 and Broughton a sea of Pulte vinyl cubes!

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 779
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rock-
I believe the Lucido family own(ed) the club. Seem to recall a FBI bust of several family members in GP about 15 years ago; apparently the accusation was they were running numbers rackets out of the place.
The "family" was definitely very involved in the operation and ownership; I attended several very large Italian wedding receptions at the place as well.
Remember to replace your divots, or you might get a visit from Rocco!

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 208
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the Austin Catholic Prep is going up on or near Wolverine's land?

Motor
Username: Motor

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Austin Catholic Academy is supposedly to be built on the Oliver turfgrass farm, N side of 23 mile about a half mile west of North Avenue.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.