Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » House fire @ 94 and St. Aubin? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Swbaby12345
Username: Swbaby12345

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know what happened or when the house that's been steadily decaying over the past year at 94- right across from the incinerator? anyone have pics?

Maddog
Username: Maddog

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a fire at I-94 & Chene. on Easter Sunday. I am not sure what dwelling its was that burned, I was not there but there was a fire at that location on easter sunday.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 283
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Swbaby12345 and Maddog, I'll be going past that location later today and will try to grab a pic. As stated in the previous thread “Incinerator The Bigger Problem!” I believe there is an arsonist afoot in that area and the photos posted there bares this out. This topic warrants its own thread, and perhaps I’ll start a one on the “Firehouses” board. Stay tuned Quick Pic fans

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 284
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are a quick couple of pics of the St. Aubin fire:
http://i148.photobucket.com/al bums/s22/bulletmagnet69/100_26 42.jpg?t=1176757675
http://i148.photobucket.com/al bums/s22/bulletmagnet69/100_26 41.jpg?t=1176757708
There was a recent fire at this home on the 94 service drive just east of Dubois:
http://i148.photobucket.com/al bums/s22/bulletmagnet69/100_26 49.jpg?t=1176757825
I would guess that 90% of the houses in the area west of Chene, north of Warren, east of St. Aubin, and south of I 94 are gone or fire damaged. The whole area has been fitted with underground infrastructure over the last year or so. I would bet when the last one goes, new building will commence hence forth. Does anyone with the city have knowledge of plans or intent for this land?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They did the same thing in the area surrounded by Miller,St.Cyril,Huber,and Mt.Elliot..I believe there is a corporate arsonist going around. For a while it seemed there were three or four fires a day.

Dearlydeparted
Username: Dearlydeparted

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 3:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi. I was reading through this discussion when I found a picture of my Aunt's house mentioned in this thread. A bit of background on the place, for those who are interested:

http://www.findadeath.com/funs tuff/scavenge/auntanne.htm

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 3:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I work on Huber, and I smell fire all the time in the midnight shifts. There is supposed to be new development in both of the above areas.

Housing on the Chene and I94 side I was told by a planner. Not to long ago, there was talk of the African Town being developed over there. i am not so sure about those plans anymore.

In the Huber area I heard that the area is slated for Technology and Office parks. I am not sure how true this is either

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 354
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dearlydeparted, first, allow me to welcome you to Detroityes on behalf of us all. I read through your post and sighed. I have been posting photos of your Aunt's neighborhood for a little over 3 months now with the hope of finding you. Not you in particular, but those who could offer the history and stories that these homes hold. I have gotten only one other response, and now yours. I have been roundly criticized for posting the pictures here by some, and have gotten praise by others. But what I really wanted was what you so thoughtfully posted for us here: Soul Stories. I want to thank you for the linkage, and the time, trouble, and heart ach you have so generously shared. THANKS!http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s22/bulletmagnet69/100_2649.jpg?t=1176757825

Bullet

(Message edited by Bulletmagnet on April 29, 2007)

Wally2times
Username: Wally2times

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lived there for many years . I grew up on East Kirby and used to go to Dan and Vi's right there on the corner of chene and 94.

gee, that would be spectacular if they started rebuilding over there.

Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 356
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wally2times welcome to Detroityes! If you have any stories, photos, or memories, feel free to post them here. I am in that neighborhood nearly every day, and I often wonder what tales these homes would tell.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.