Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What's the latest with Broderick Tower? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 916
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

last I heard the project went out for bid in the fall...

also remember Kraemerdesigngroup saying they were studying the feasibility of building an underground tunnel to GCP garage...

does anyone have any updates?

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 145
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this has to be one one the saddest buildings in downtown detroit, dammit the owner need to be jailed

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what is the holdup on the 2 davids?.these are the true anchors into the CBD. wHAT THE %#$ IS GOING ON.?

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 836
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whitney has no plans as far as I know.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 121
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They (David's) will be completely renovated into loft apartments along with the city of Detroit renovating Michigan Central for their police headquarters.
These projects shall be completed when Detroit Public schools graduate 100% of it's students and have MEAP scores 25% above state averages.

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last fall they were working on financing packages. I can only assume that (1) they are still trying to put this in place, or (2) the financing fell through. I suspect the former since kdg was fairly emphatic that they had investors with money in place.

They went out for bids last fall complete with plans and specs for the entire building. Maybe they had to redesign or renegotiate finanacing based on higher construction costs. The Lafer Bldg didn't start construction till something like a year (I think) after bids in order to complete financing. Sometimes these things take a while.

At least that all sounds good in theory. Waiting on skulker in 3... 2...

:-)

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 921
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One purely speculative thought I had was that the delay could be something to do with working out parking arrangements, given that Broderick tower wants to use the GCP garage, and what ever gets built on the Statler site, be it Quicken's building or something else later on, may need to use GCP garage as well...

of course, more likely is that nothing will happen with either site anytime in the next 10 years

Diesel
Username: Diesel

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know they recently established the General Contractor for the building which looks like it will be LS Brinker (Detroit company) as far as a start date I'm not sure. This is one of the projects that I'm really looking forward to seeing progress on.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.