Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Fundraiser for Agnes Hitchcock to Showcase Grapes « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 783
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Use this link for the story.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/11621417/detail.html

I wonder if Central United Methodist was aware of the connection between the new group renting their facilities and the Call 'Em out Coalition? Somehow this looks bad for the church.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 866
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stupid is as stupid does

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 782
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much was raised? Just curious...

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8929
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish we'd heard about this earlier, I would've brought grapes to pelt her with...maybe up the ante a bit with cherries or crabapples.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 868
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that would be fun to see!

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, how high-fallutin' is this? <p><br>
The Community Legal Defense Fund was organized to help individuals "whose actions or words when they speak truth to power result in incarceration or court proceedings designed to still voices of resistance to unbridled power."<p><br>
C'mon now. You didn't march on Washington, lady. You THREW FRUIT at people.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8930
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Simple assault, far as I can see, with intent on inflicting great bodily staining, at the very least!

Diehard, I laughed at that too, but didn't want to give them even a few milliseconds of fame for that idiocy!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.