Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Crystal Lofts « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 289
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stumbled upon a listing for the penthouse. It's listed at $429,000. There is also a rendering of the building, but it is extremely small.

http://www.gg-gmac-realestate. com/real-estate-property_28821 3_31.html#pictures

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 656
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been watching them work on this for months from my girlfriend's balcony (she's in the Carola). They seem to be taking their sweet time on it.

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 290
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, compare that to the progress on the Albert Kahn Printshop.

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 521
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is that rendering up to date? what happened to the crystal penthouses rising out of the building?

http://modeldmedia.com/develop mentnews/crystallofts.aspx

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the Albert Kahn printshop on the corner of Woodward and Erskine? What are they doing to the place?

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 657
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blondy:
https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/97109.html?1174925617

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1795
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My quesion also, apbest... I thought that was the whole reason for calling it the "crystal" lofts... and that the penthouse was, or included, the glass feature on top.

Diesel
Username: Diesel

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thinks they are actually moving pretty well on this building since construction started. There is a TON of work being done on the inside. Only a portion of the first floor deck will remain and the remainder is all new steel construction. As far as I know the upper level is still in the game plan.

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 291
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the name Crystal lofts is derived from that fact that it was once the Crystal Ballroom. I'm guessing that the rendering isn't completely accurate . How can you call it a penthouse if it's one the same level as the rest of the condos?

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3754
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um, the Crystal Lofts are called the Crystal Lofts because the building was formerly the Crystal Ballroom. Doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure that out.

The original building is two stories. Notice the the rendering is THREE stories with new units on the roof with garden/ patio space for each of the rooftop units.

While they are rooftop units with outdoor space, I think calling something 45 feet above the street a penthouse is a bit of a stretch.

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened to late summer 06?

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it was 7 months ago...

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ RSA

Apbest

Post Number: 522
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

skulker that in no way answers mine or lyn's question, you dont have to be a dick 100% of the time

Skulker

Post Number: 3756
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually it did.

You asked "What happened to the penthouses?" I pointed out that they are pretty obvious in the rendering. I think it is a stretch to call them penthouses, but, well they are there plain as day in the image, so I am confused by the question.

The building has been known as the Crystal Ballroom for decades. Not hard to imagine where they got the name.

If you don't like the tone of my posts, don't ask simpleton questions.

penthouse

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 292
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skulker, I believe they were referring to the rendering in the real estate listing that I linked to. In that picture there is no penthouse level visible.

http://www.gg-gmac-realestate.com/real-estate-property_288213_31.html#pictures

(Message edited by leland_palmer on April 10, 2007)

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1208
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The penthouse is there. The glass is just really clean

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's like Wonder Woman's invisible jet?

Or the Phillip Johnson House.
003.jpg

Apbest

Post Number: 523
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

skulker my question was in regards to the rendering on the original site posted. I posted the model D link as a comparisson and asked which rendering was accurate

for such a smart guy you have a problem with simpleton questions

Skulker

Post Number: 3759
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually your question was not clear at all, perhaps you have a problem articulating questions.

Skulker

Post Number: 3760
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually your question was not clear at all, perhaps you have a problem articulating questions.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 214
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you repeat your posts twice perhaps they will be more articulate.

Back on topic: Has Gideon Pfeffer put a down payment on any of these so-called penthouses yet? He could corner the market on penthouses pretty quickly.

Peace Out.

Eboyer
Username: Eboyer

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His question was very clear, you just sound like a douchebag...

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 216
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lot of name-calling for what should be a pretty straightforward thread. makes me wonder what the summer has to offer. I think its time for another "kumbaya" moment. Better yet "KwameYa."

Peace out.

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1799
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I think the name Crystal lofts is derived from that fact that it was once the Crystal Ballroom.

Ahhh...

quote:

...for such a smart guy you have a problem with simpleton questions...
If you repeat your posts twice perhaps they will be more articulate.
Etc.

Perhaps if everyone moved into the penthouse, it would all become clearer.
<-------[waiting for everyone's gag reflex to kick in]
<-------will NOT be here all week

And still the question remains - what happend to the pentouse in the real estate company rendering?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.