Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Clyde's Carpet « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 745
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did they go out of business or were they brought out? I'm just curious and would like to have a brief discussion about them. Nothing big.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 143
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember Farrell's? That place was way better than any carpet store!

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 404
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There used to be a Clyde's on Van Dyke in Shelby Twp. Not sure if it is still there. Didn't Marilyn Turner do TV spots for them?

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 288
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farrell's kicked ass.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was told that Irving Nussbaum owned Clyde's as well as New York Carpet world. He was a much better pitchman than the Empire old man.

Farrell's made the Pig trough, and embarrassed the shit out of you on your birthday

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4964
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Empire line's actually out of New York. I'll take Irv Nussbaum any day of the week. His dry delivery and cast iron hair had its own unique appeal.

My Farrell's memory consisted of those jawbreakers the size of softballs that always required a hammer to break down. Thank goodness I never celebrated MY own birthday at Farrell's- attending someone else's birthday was a different matter.

Malcovemagnesia
Username: Malcovemagnesia

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farrells still exists, b.t.w.

(in Santa Clarita, California, wherever that is)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.