Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Barry Sanders on the comeback trail?! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just saw a story in this month's Motor City Sports magazine that says he's playing minor league baseball!

Is this for real?
Anybody else see the story?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard Barry interviewed by Mitch Albom last week. He is sponsoring an auction to raise funds for the South Central Kansas Boys & Girls Clubs; that's why he was being interviewed...lots of great sports memorabilia available there. Then he mentioned that he was becoming a dad for the 4th time the next day. Nothing was said about any minor league baseball. In fact, Barry was talking about how much time he enjoys spending with his family (his oldest son is 13; the youngest just born). Based on what Barry said, I doubt the story is true.

(Message edited by Kathleen on April 09, 2007)

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The magazine story is an exclusive.
Maybe he couldn't talk about it with Albom.
But the cat's out of the bag now.
I can't find a link to it on the MCS Web site, but it's in the magazine. It's pretty farfetched, but the writer (Eddie Gilmour) certainly is convincing.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 634
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it the April Fool's issue?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 387
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read that article in MCS. What a scoop that was. I like the part where Pudge calls him "Pudge II". That part was especially believable.

Skamour14
Username: Skamour14

Post Number: 96
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know barry personally, and well yes he is playing minor league ball, Hes my neighbor, and we chatted over it while eating a slew of nutty bars, which we both walked down to the corner store to buy together........ Then quiet as its kept we watched perfect strangers together on a lil mini T.V. and had a hoot in our tom-foolery.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 815
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skamour, tell Barry that Detroit says hey and we wish him the best and also miss him.

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, first John Amaechi, and now Berry!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.