Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Best City Service « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 702
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're a resident living in the city of Detroit or had to use a civic service offered by the city, which one would you vote as "the best".

*This includes sanitation, schools, policing, etc.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My road was resurfaced a few years ago. They came by and posted signs, one day they got rid of the old asphalt, the next they put down the new.

Fast, nicely done, no hassles.

No additional assessment like you might be charged in other cities.

(Message edited by detroitplanner on April 07, 2007)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 380
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit's water system is still one of the cleanest in the nation. I really don't have a problem drinking water from the tap here (always let it run a bit to allow the fresh water to reach the tap, you'll notice it when the temperature and smell changes, otherwise you're drinking what has been sitting in your pipes).

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 711
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, we always do that John. Since we have older sinks, We usually let it run for a good 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 353
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd definitely say the water.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 61
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DPW trash pick up is excellent I would say.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 251
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meter maids...you can always count on them.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4954
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotta be the water. It always tastes pretty decent and we don't need to filter it, soften it or do much to it other than turning on the tap. Beyond that the one city service that I do miss the most was the mounter patrols. I don't know how many cases they handled but it was always pleasant to see officers on horseback patrolling the city streets.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Street signs.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The water and meter maids. A blessing and a curse.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.