Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Over Half of The Griswold ~ Capitol Park Residences Taken at Initial Offering Event « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ernest_adams
Username: Ernest_adams

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Roxbury Group, a Detroit-based developer, said today that it has taken deposits from buyers for more than half of the 80 residences at the Griswold Capitol Park, a new condominium project to be built atop a planned parking garage that will rise next to the Book-Cadillac Hotel.

The initial sales event was held Saturday.

“We were overwhelmed by the response," said Stacy Fox, a partner in the Roxbury Group. “It was an incredibly diverse group of people, and it was wonderful to see the faces of downtown Detroit’s future.”

Purchasers were asked to put a 2.5% deposit on each unit and received $10,000 off the $235,000 price of one-bedroom units and the $295,000 price of two-bedroom units. The seven buyers of the penthouses received $25,000 off their units, which started at $495,000.

The residences are being sold through Esquire Properties, which can be reached at 313-580-2200.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2527
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't any of you newbies do a damn search? This was posted earlier this week.

Christ you even started the other thread. Why didn't you just bump it?

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/97777.html?1175581170

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 261
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad this won't encourage them to increase the size from 6 stories of condos to say 10. I think it would be nice to have an equal number of floors for parking as condos, however, I am sure that would mean they need more parking.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2210
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Christ you even started the other thread. Why didn't you just bump it?

Because it is easier to sell more condos if he just starts a new thread.

Mortalman
Username: Mortalman

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I liked your post, Ernest_adams. Keep up the good work!

Stecks77
Username: Stecks77

Post Number: 331
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good call Dabirch.

Ernest_adams
Username: Ernest_adams

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are a really welcoming group of suburbanites.

Keep up the kind spirit.

I apologize for the repost.

Stecks77
Username: Stecks77

Post Number: 332
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live downtown. If it wasn't for the recent rash of crazy postings I think the environment on Dyes would be more welcoming.

(Message edited by stecks77 on April 04, 2007)

(Message edited by stecks77 on April 04, 2007)

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Children, there is no need for name calling. Newbies, Oldbies, Grouchies, we're all here for the same reason.

It is officially cool and acceptable to live Downtown Detroit.

Ndavies

Post Number: 2530
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well newbies, if you weren't such newbies you would know I'm not a suburbanite.

Detblue
Username: Detblue

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like your post too Ernest!!

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So something got posted twice, big deal, read it once.

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 412
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ndavies, I'm an oldie and I don't mind this either - you're in the wrong buddy.

(Message edited by cmubryan on April 04, 2007)

Mortalman
Username: Mortalman

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has nothing to do with you, Ernest_adams. It has everything to do with people that were obviously abused as children that have never bother to find out why they are so miserable. Remember when people are pointing one finger at you they have four fingers pointing at themselves but just haven't figured it out yet.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 504
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont really care either.

You DON'T have to read these posts.

No one forces you to, NDavies.

Look away, there's nothing to see here.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 756
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are some of you people so dense that you can't see the guy is advertising here? Which wouldn't be problem if he didn't start a new thread for every little thing

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/97568.html?1175532031

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/97777.html?1175581170

Ndavies

Post Number: 2531
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, so if I hadn't posted in this thread there would have been 0 posts added to it. I see the original information was so important it spawned a great deal of discussion.

There was actual discussion in the original thread. Why restart a new thread? If the original thread wasn't generating any new info what makes you think a new thread will generate anything new?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8824
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Remember when people are pointing one finger at you they have four fingers pointing at themselves but just haven't figured it out yet.

What if I am pointing with my thumb?
What if I don't make a full fist?
What if I had a shop class accident?
What if the person I'm pointing at is not standing directly in front of me?
What if my arm is out on an angle and my fingers are pointing parallel to me?

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The advertising does bother me. Seems a bit of an overkill.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't mind the thread duplication for advertising in this case. It's a great project that is a major step forward for downtown and Metro Detroit. But didn't Lowell say something to the effect a few years ago that you have to have so many posts (I think 50?) if you want to advertise something? I like it when posters like Kraemer Design Group post about the projects they are working on, which is practically advertising, because they contribute quality information and opinion, thus furthering the conversation. It does bother me when people just want to come in for a quickie and use the forum as their billboard while contributing practically nothing.

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Much better said then I, with the same idea E_hemingway. Kudos.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 131
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Advertising in any form is not permitted, except by permission and or contract. For established forum members free classified ads are permitted subject to the conditions cited in the free classified forum. Non permitted advertising will be removed without notice or explanation. Making such posts can result in immediate termination of posting rights without notice or explanation.

this is in the RULES bar on the top of the page.

did you get permission???

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone know yet if Gideon Pfeffer purchased the penthouse yet?

Peace

Newlaster
Username: Newlaster

Post Number: 213
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The way that the urban landscape frames Capitol Park is so pretty, so uniquely Detroit.

This area is long overdue for revitalization. These condos plus the new Rosa Parks Transit Terminal (away from the park) will help.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.