Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Grosse Pointes to become Detroit-You heard it here first. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5136
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since they all live South of Eight Mile Rd., the 5 Grosse Pointes just voted to become part of the City of Detroit. There was no quid pro quo to the deal.

In an amazing show of love for Detroit, the City of East Pointe has voted to change its name back to East Detroit.

The Woodward Cruise each July has been extended all the way down to the Detroit River in solidarity with the fact that Detroit IS still the automobile capital of the World, not Royal Oak or Ferndale.

You heared it first on April 01, 2007.

jjaba.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 338
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on jjaba, we already had our April Fool's thread.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me... um.. well, ya can't fool me again.

- G.W. Bush

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You had me going, Jjaba. I wanted to believe it!

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 375
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SMART and DDOT will merge and bring back Livonia.

There will be one set of bus schedules and no duplicated services except for common transfer points to maximize the use of limited tax dollars.

President Bush approved a $1.6 Billion grant which was quickly matched by MDOT for improved capital costs which includes light rail along all major roads and frequent bus services throughout the area.

The tax need to support this is small since MDOT decided to increase revenue sharing by not widening I-94 and I-75. SEMCOG projected that many cars will be removed from these freeways as advanced computer technologies will be used including the GPS system and cell phones to fill up the buses and the 259 miles of light rail which will all be built within just five years at the most.

This is a landmark agreement that was celebrated by top county and city leaders all over.

The transit advocates claim this as a major victory to bring in much needed job growth and to attract more tourists to our area

Click on link for complete details to actually make public bus service work which is no April Fools joke but can be a really, if Y'all DY ers and almost everyone else supports my cause to improve mass transit for everyone.

http://savethefueltax.tripod.c om/theplan.html

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 514
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I KNOW that's a joke.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trainman, you really have a one-track mind.

GET IT!?!?! I slay me.

Urbanize

Post Number: 515
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TRainman, you're a big problem on DetroitYes too with your transit talks on every single post on every single thread.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You got me!

Jjaba

Post Number: 5137
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

johnlodge, where's the April Fools thread you reference?

jjaba.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 342
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba, scan for a thread about a certain metro Detroit lending company announcing they're moving their headquarters to a certain historical railroad station and you've found it.

And to think I almost believed it for a second. Geez.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this your card?
https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/98653.html?1175461257

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so andy gets shit for posting an april fools joke but jjaba's [nearly identical post] is a big hit....

Keoki96701
Username: Keoki96701

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Johnlodge!! Do you live in Hawaii? If so I have met you. If you are the real John Lodge.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 343
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keoki,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J ohn_C._Lodge

I am not the real John Lodge, nor is your Hawaiian friend.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 574
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was pretty funny. Did they ever officially become part of Macomb County like they wanted?

Panther036
Username: Panther036

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SMART and DDOT will merge and bring back Livonia.

-WOW! LOL :-)

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4293
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing better than watching someone who moved as far away from Detroit as possible spewing contempt for people who live a stones throw from the city and are among the city's strongest boosters.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 649
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gsgeorge, I cant explain that either.

Urbanize

Post Number: 522
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of us tried to treat him the same, but I guess with the moment being so repetitive and not as acceptable that folks just joked upon it and made a good, hardy laugh out of it.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 579
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Nothing better than watching someone who moved as far away from Detroit as possible spewing contempt for people who live a stones throw from the city and are among the city's strongest boosters."

The Pointes Detroit's strongest boosters? On what cold day in Hell?

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 686
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot that it was April Fools Day when I said that to Andy. Realized 30 min later and laughed about it.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Detroit would benefit more by becoming a Grosse Pointe, not the other way 'round. It would be the 6th Pointe, called Grosse Detroit City.

Urbanize

Post Number: 527
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice try BulletMagnet, but parts of Detroit already have the "Grosse" label on them.

Al_t_publican
Username: Al_t_publican

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The whole shootin' match south of 8 Mile and east of Telegraph is going to be called Gunpointe, Michigan.

Zip Gun Code .30-06

City motto: The Second Amendment. Don't leave home without it.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5149
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grosse Livernois Pointe.

Grosse Isle Pointe.

East Grosse Pointe.

Grosse fish flies Pointe.

jjaba.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Think of all the copper that can be mined from Gp houses once the DPD takes over

Jjaba

Post Number: 5153
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman tells it like it tis. Love those copper gutter systems.

jjaba.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the idea of making Detroit a Pointe.

How about Grosse Pointe Heights??

Urbanize

Post Number: 530
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too late, Harper Woods stole that possibility.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5166
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Shores, Michigan. That would do it for the Grosse Pointes.

jjaba.

Urbanize

Post Number: 538
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

already making Grosse Pointe look less appealing with being near them, they would spit in our faces (like they did Harper Woods) if we attempt to merge with them. Yep, walk right up to every Council Member and Kilpatrick and literally spit.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 197
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God bless the burbs Urbanize, for showing Detroit what it could be.(I know, I know; This is a tired old topic. Sorry)

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1680
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanize-- I think I bumped into you this afternoon on Kercheval in GP. Actually, I believe that I bumped into that big chip on your shoulder. Sorry.

Urbanize

Post Number: 563
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah. Haven't been in GP for a time now. I guess you folks think that I'm just a big fat grouchy Grinch. Well don't put up crazy threads darn it.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5174
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Rock post 1680 is on the edge. The Rock is a loyal member of Forum, something must have got to him.

How about wearing those new socks jjaba sent ya and going for a stroll on a nice Spring night.
You'll come back rejuvenated after that cool fresh air of the lake.

jjaba.

Scs100

Post Number: 694
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanize, most Grosse Pointers would do that. Me, I'd just sit back and see what would happen. I'm not dumb enough to spit at you guys. BTW, has anyone here been down to Central to look at the new renderings? I think I might have run into a couple of you last Saturday.

Urbanize

Post Number: 564
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't mean "spit" literally, but they sure will give us some negative gesture if we did go through the process.

Scs100

Post Number: 695
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know. But it is kind of close to what they would do.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1682
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

#1680 is "on the edge" because it responded to a post accusing GPers of spitting in peoples' faces? I think not. 1680 is FAR from the edge, but I see the remark has now been refined so as not to be taken in the literal sense. Fine by me. All is well along Kercheval avenue again.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.