Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Itsjeff « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeffsmom
Username: Itsjeffsmom

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took some time today to reread all the postings
from the time of Jeff's death and want everyone
who contributed to know how much your messages
meant and continue to mean to me. You were far
more eloquent than I could ever be and your
thoughts and words mean everything to me, even
now, six weeks after his passing. I'm still working at figuring out how to live without a
son who meant everything to me. To know that his
last 2 years were lived with friendship, love,
a sense of community and humor are absolutely
all any mother could ask. For all who said I
was in your prayers, please know you are all in
my prayers.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5093
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Mom. We all miss Itsjeff alot. In a gentle way, jjaba would like to know what happened to him. He was very nice to jjaba at the times we met.

jjaba, on the Westside.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4281
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moderator could you please move this to the Connec...kidding. Totally kidding.

It was certainly my pleasure to have had the opportunity to know Jeff and I know I am not alone in that thought. He provided so much of that friendship, community, and humor. I mean that. Jeff made a lot of that stuff happen by the strength of his wonderful personality. Your son was really a one-of-kind special person.

(Message edited by Jelk on March 28, 2007)

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1070
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mom; i did not post anything on the condolences thread because i could not do justice to the outpouring of how great of a person he was. just to let you know, i am one more person who will sorely miss him and feel glad to have known him. i was always amazed and humbled at his capacity for kindness, generosity, and freedom of spirit. i wish the best for you in recovering from such a staggering loss.

-RSA
(RockStArchitect)

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for posting this, Itsjeffmom. Earlier today, for some reason, I kept hearing Jeff's voice in my mind while I was toiling away at work. Nothing specific was said...it was more the unique sound and the way he spoke and laughed that was captured that I was hearing. Anyways, rest assured that we all miss him too and think of him and you frequently.

Kathleen

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8815
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto. A million times, ditto. That's about a few trillion less than the ones who knew him even better than I, but hopefully I've got the proportions somewhat right.

Heya, Itsmom, if you get the chance, give me a call.

Cheers...to think all Itsthat came from your womb.

Its simply amazing...thanks again for Itshim.

May you continue to receive comfort and peace from where-ever they begin...amplified and/or magnified by our focus on you right now.

Much love, cheap through the ether...hopefully worth more next time we meet.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9313
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think about Itsjeff quite frequently. I guess the shock still has not passed me by. But I do know that whenever I get into one of rants and start shouting I think "would Jeff do something this"? I know it sounds cheesy but it is true.
As mentioned above he was a one-of-a-kind person who had a bigger impact in my life than I imagined. All I can do is thank God that he was a part of my life even though it was for a short while.
My many thoughts and prayers go out to you in this very difficult time.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2010
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Itsjeffsmom, I'm glad that thread brought some solace to you, it really was a wonderful outpouring of appreciation and admiration for Jeff.

Jeff had a lot of friends, real and cyber, on here. I was just talking about him with a friend yesterday. He is really missed.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2199
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was the little things.

Like showing up to our house the morning of my son's bris, knowing how busy we were with guests in from out of town, a newborn, and no sleep, and insisting on driving out to southfield to pick up the deli platter.

And then upon his return, just quietly introducing himself to all of my family as the caterer, making himself a sandwich, and leaving.

Still brings a smile to my face.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.