Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Around town today... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 761
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this post would be better with pictures but when I went to delete one picture all of them were deleted! Damnit! So I will tell you some of the highlights of my travels today....

-Motor City has my vote for coolest design. Nice and tall with a cool roof design. MGM is just a curvy dark glass design and Greektown is still just a parking garage and pillars so we shall see.

-Woodbridge Estates is moving along. I was surprised to see all of the single family homes up as well as the townhomes etc. A big clock with pavillion possibly was being installed on the corner of M.L. King and the Lodge.

-Canfield lofts look about done on the outside. Added balconies to the west side of the building. There were about 4-5 sold signs on the windows.

-Book Cadillac was being pressured washed on the east and west sides this morning. Final remnants of COmmerce building being removed.

-I was surprised to see the Cadillac Square area of Campus Martius all brick pavers and not the lush grass that was there last year. I guess I forgot the design concept of that block.

-Vinton and building with Eph's are looking good. I always underestimate the depth of the Vinton building. Those are going to be sweet places to live!

-Brush park had alot of working going on as well. Crystal lofts are moving along nicely.(The point where my camera deleted!) Also there is a building just north of Crystal lofts on woodward that is being redone as well. Already has windows installed.

-Liquid is the name of the new restaurant and lounge in the Carlton lofts building. Seems like they were actively building out the restaurant.

-1508 and1510 woodward are for sale as lofts. This is the little building next to Apt. Very nice front to the building.

Add on anything neat that you saw today. The above may not all be new as I haven't been around the town for a few months. Sorry about the lack of pictures. Had to use the original memory card; my mind!

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 406
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw work finally occuring in the Hotel Eddystone. Sparks were flying and could be seen in the distance in one of the middle floors.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 407
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it was either signs of development brewing or a Circuit problem with the lighting.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.