Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Shield's update? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonnyfive
Username: Jonnyfive

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody know anything about the progress on Shields pizza opening in the Kales building? I'm hungry.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I placed an order for a slice of cheese about 5 minutes ago. Right now it's about halfway into the oven. In another 5 minutes it will be fully in the oven. 5 minutes later it will be placed in a box. I will go there an pick it up shortly.

Jonnyfive

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very helpful crowd.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i saw people inside the storfront over the weekend with blue plint/charts.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the most recent info I could find:

Shield's Pizza opening downtown location in Kales Building

http://modeldmedia.com/develop mentnews/shields85.aspx

Jonnyfive

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That model D article was the last news I read on it. I'd heard rumors a while back they were trying to be open for opening day but it appears they're very far behind on that idea.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opening day is a week away. Probably not going to happen. However, Shields moving in is going to be great news for Cliff Bells and The Park Bar. Those places should enjoy more business from the extra foot traffic Shields brings in.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8782
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Surely they bumped into the city's famous red-tape squad.

Time to start the countdown like we did with Slows.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 718
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, how long did Slows end up taking?

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Learning to accept delayed gratification is a good thing.

Remote controls and video games have spoiled us.

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 713
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

slow

Gannon

Post Number: 8791
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was ugly, and we witnessed a similar thing with Baile Corcaigh on Trumbull south of Michigan Avenue.

Anyone know the exact time of the delay? It got ridiculous, perhaps exacerbated by all of the wasted saliva as we panted uncontrollably in anticipation of their opening.

I think we cannot search out the thread until Lowell gets that sorted out, but it was months and months of waiting for the health department and other building permits to be approved...jeez, as IF they didn't want a few white boys coming into the city and daring to start a restaurant/bar.

The lines out the door on a Friday or Saturday night...or even LUNCHTIME...prove that they were right to follow their dream. That place receives accolades from EVERYONE who goes there, unless they get turned away from ordering carry out.

Same with the Irish joint...Baile Corcaigh rocks, Celtically, at least. Heh.

Gannon

Post Number: 8792
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Fury.

Heya Matt!

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Gannon!

All this talk of food... I think I'm gonna stop working early today and go get a workout. It surely is nice outside.

Black wire, red wire, green wire...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.