Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Forgottendetroit.com is down « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 532
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was pointed out in the Fine Arts thread, but no one posted with information.

Does anyone know what's going on with it? I hope it's not gone forever. :/

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 335
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow. what a loss. i loved that site.

p.s. Rhymes, can you pass along the link the record collectors forum? when my computer crashed, about a month ago (only got it back a week ago) i lost EVERYTHING... and i want to be a part of that site...

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 534
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detroitrecords.informe. com

Though it has yet to take off, despite leaving flyers all over the metro D. We're stuck on 11 members and no one has been posting. I'm really bummed about it. But maybe if you start posting more, we can get it going again. I'm thinking flyers aren't the way to go. Might have to try posting in other Detroit forums or forums about Detroit bands (White Stripes, Von Bondies, et al).

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 201
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted it in the Fine Arts thread since I wanted to see a great collection of interior pics from the inside. I know that the owner of the site, I think it is David, he has bought some things from me on ebay in the past, is in school. I know school can be taxing from a money standpoint, I just hope it is not gone forever. He did a great job with the site and even though there hasn't been many updates since he started school, it was alway a neat site to visit.

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 541
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure there are enough people who would contribute to get it back up and running if money were the issue.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 213
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been checking and it is back! Whew that is a relief!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.