Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Where Is Our Sea Food Factory? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is Our Sea Food Factory?
In Dec 2005 there was an announcement that Detroit was getting a $40 Million dollar investment to build a fish farm.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/62684/61925.html

I guess that was just another flash in the pan.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definite props for the thread title, rofl!

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they can save development costs by putting it into the Belle Isle Aquarium and get additional revenue by opening it back up and charging admission?

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Seafood.
it sounds so sophisticated.
I can't wait.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 451
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we can raise the fish and substitute them for the whale in this idea-

Royce: I should have considered a dead whale. Great idea. What we'll do is, see, put a big dead whale in there w/ a very hungry polar bear. Don't tell me folks wouldn't pay to see that bear demolish the whale. (Feeding time at the zoo is very popular; and that bear will be eating on that whale several hours a day.) It would probably take a few weeks and folks could place bets on when it would finish off the carcass.

A problem: Council will probably insist that we put a black bear in there w/ the polar bear, and the black bear wouldn't last that long around the polar bear's food.

What are we gonna do for Act II though? That's the problem.

I guess we could charge people to withness the stadium being demolished after the bear is done.

Here's my question though.... Does the black bear get a highly-paid and armed entourage?

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 340
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Fish Factory is in the Detroit River. We must "visit" the "factory" if we want some "hometown" fish.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 520
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess that was just another flash in the pan

But not a fish in the pan.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.