Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bomb Threat « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I guess someone called in a bomb threat to the student center at WSU today. I wasn't there, my buddy told me about how they evacuated the buildings and stuff.

Pretty weird, but it was probably some dolt who hadn't studied for his exams.

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 6:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't get evacuated yesterday.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 705
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 6:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems like an issue hardly worth discussing at this point. The caller might just want the attention that we are giving him or her. Maybe it's just me assuming that all called in bomb threats are frivolous.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5642
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any American could be a terrorist. Even right here in our homeland.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8698
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the problem with Fables and Parables NOT being taught to our younger generations.

First it was keeping any words of Jesus from school...and I'm not talking about teaching religion, just unique stories with lessons.

Then it was Aesop's Fables because of their violent content, but in this case...well, a few of us still remember what happened to the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Then it was 1984 banned...and you all became sheople, with no awareness of the consequences of your actions...and no conscience.

OK, maybe not ALL...h

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hehe.

Our generation is one without morals.

Honestly, I'm afraid to see what the country is like with an "anything goes" attitude.

Additionally, I'm a bit skeptical about if we'll actually RUN the country, considering 80% of the people I know are completely overtaken with apathy.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing the city of Detroit has its bomb-squad facility in Brush Park (old school over near CoPa). Since it's so close to WSU, how long did it take the bomb squad to get there? Only six hours? :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.