Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Carmen Harlan's Salary??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 233
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read some where that Carmen Harlan makes a million dollars a year,anyone have a link to the article?

Superduperman

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

???

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you mean this article. Doesn't necessarily means she makes 1 million though.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/ articles/mi_m1077/is_n2_v45/ai _8153075

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 294
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much do you make Superduperman?

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well this was a dud thread. How the hell do you get that she makes a Million a year from that?

Mercman
Username: Mercman

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That article is from 1989!

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 318
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

clearly, it's a thin line between forty thousand and one million...

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4860
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always thought it rude to ask about one's salary.

I'm still wondering when did public figures (non-civic employees) and their salaries were suddenly public knowledge? To a certain degree, I think it's hurt things such as sports teams and their negotiations with their employees.

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 791
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's the star Anchor of WDIV, and has been continuously employed there for 29 years. No small feat in this business.

She has instant face recognition and a trusted, household name throughout the Metro Detroit viewing area. In any major TV news market, someone like her is worth their weight in gold to their employers. You can bet that the competition has made many offers to her over the years, and that WDIV has counter-offered every time. 29 years of this could certainly bring about $1 million.

Mort Crim? Bill Bonds? They were both $1 million+ at the height of their careers, so why not Carmen?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ newsteam/269958/detail.html

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4862
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mort Crim, Bill Bonds, Carmen... who lets this information out about how much they make??

Would you as an employer or employee want to let that sort of information get out there?? Or is this some ego ploy by agents to brag about how much they got their clients? Someone explain!!

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1458
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do we care how much Carmen Harlan makes? If she makes a million a year, good for her.

Superduperman

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying to win a bet and "we" don't care "I" want to clear up a disagreement.

Superduperman

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjlj,

Last year I made about $125k after taxes.

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 475
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would have thought saving kids and young women in Metropolis would have paid better than that. Oh I just realized, you must be the Superduperman who was a incompetent parity of the real hero Superman in Mad Comics in the 1950's.

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 476
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superduperman, I didn't mean that as an insult - I enjoyed that parity of Superman very much, back when MAD was very good humor.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure how much she makes, but I sure know what she does NOT spend her cash on. That woman needs a hair stylist NOW!

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3688
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why the fark does this topic warrant a thread on DetroitYes?

Can we discipline ourselves here a little folks? Is it really too much to ask?

Superduperman

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good question Skulker and while you're at it why dont you ask why we need a topic discussing pot legalization on DetroitYes or any of the of other threads people have started,go shit on someone elses thread.....I want to know,period.

Skulker

Post Number: 3692
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superstupidman, I'll shit on any damn thread I feel like....and I have yet to see a good answer to my good question.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 569
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The good answer, Skulker, is: "you're right."

But while we're on it, the question is not whether she makes a million a year, it's "is she happy with all that money?"

Skulker

Post Number: 3695
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your support there, 3WC...but adding the happiness question is not helping the cause here.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4168
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superman, you a dealer?

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 572
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry. Feeble attempt at humor.

Note: There's now another thread about Superduper's salary. Sigh. And, we should be ashamed by even opening these kinds of threads so all of us are partially to blame for this stuff. I plead guilty.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Note: There's now another thread about Superduper's salary.

But that thread's funny.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry. Usually people who have money don't need to mention it and the ones who don't, well...

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 194
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good, no great for her. It is not our/the publics business what someone who provides a valued service is paid by their employer. Whatever it is, the employer thinks that it is valuable to them, and they make a profit above and beyond what they pay her by virtue of the work she does...I mean, they aren't going to take a loss on her salary, that would make no sense. So, good job, and more power to her.

Superduperman

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well like I said,I was trying to settle a bet,a friend and I were having a discussion about how much newscasters make and I threw the million dollar salary out there and she disputed it,I was simply hoping someone could post a link to the article that read years ago,for that it turned into this????....only on Detroityes. ;)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.