Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Renting Video equipment in Detroit area « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got an event I want to film this weekend.

I'm looking to rent a decent quality video camera in the Detroit area. I looked at rent a center, but all they had was consumer grade stuff.

I also have the option of the DFC (Detroit Film Club), its $65 to join the club and $80 to rent a camera for a night, but their site says that I have to attend a class on how to work the camera and they don't have any scheduled in the near future. Anyone have experience with the DFC?

Does anyone know where I could rent equipment elsewhere?

Thanks

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Might try:
http://www.cityanimation.com/

I guess Victor Duncan went out of biz.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 251
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure what your price range is but if you're looking for pro equipment try

Stratton Camera

http://www.strattoncamera.com/

or Roscore

http://www.roscorrentals.com/

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More like

Leland_palmer_Lifesaver

Thanks a ton, I've been asking around for weeks on where to rent a Mini DV camera.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8609
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City Animation will have the latest available equipment at a premium price.

You should also contact our very own Maxpraxis at the Detroit Film Center (inappropriately named for the new technology, but they are definitely into video...I'm trying to get them into HIGH DEF in the near future) on Washington Boulevard just north of Michigan Avenue in the Book Building.

You will have to join in order to rent, but even with THAT you will likely save from City Animation's pricing...and will be helping out a fine city institution that really needs and deserves the support.

You will likely get Nicole on the phone when you call, but Brandon might be around in the evenings.

Cheers!

Hoog
Username: Hoog

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Gear, a division of Grace & Wild

(248)-471-6010

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8612
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOOG!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.