Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Most Favored Famous People From Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 164
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Rob Paulson, Butch Hartman, Billy West, and other ones.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the Belle Tire man.

Urbanize

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also like him.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3818
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Besides the Belle Tire man, who are those people?? Some songsters for you youngin's?

Must be pretty genre specific...

Sigh... but then again, I was at a gas station recently and the attendant told the young fellow in front of me that he looked like Ricky Ricardo, whereupon the young guy replied "who's that?"

(Message edited by Gistok on March 15, 2007)

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 890
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like other ones, too.

Urbanize

Post Number: 166
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Besides the Belle Tire man, who are those people?? Some songsters for you youngin's?"

-Billy West did the voice for Bugs Bunny at one pont and now does the voice of Phillip J. Fry and other star characters on Futurama.
-Butch Hartman is the creator of Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom Cartoons. He was born in Highland Park.
-Rob Paulsen at one point did the voice of the man on the Got Milk commercials, The voice of Pinky on Pinky and the Brain (won an academy award for it), the voice of Raphael on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the Voice of Yakko off of Animaniacs.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3819
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy did I hit the "genre" thing right on the head...

Sorry, besides Mel Blanc, I couldn't name a single cartoon character voice....

...abudee... abudee... that's all folks!

Pistonian_revolution
Username: Pistonian_revolution

Post Number: 81
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i started a thread just like this two months ago. it was about who is your most and least favorite detroit celebrities. interesting......

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 404
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd have to agree with Rob Paulson, mostly cause he went to my high school (Grand Blanc) - I remember seeing his picture, along with that of Raphael, on the wall with famous grads.

Didn't know Billy West was from Detroit, but i'm a big futurama fan, so i'd have to agree with that too.

Urbanize

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I'd have to agree with Rob Paulson, mostly cause he went to my high school (Grand Blanc) - I remember seeing his picture, along with that of Raphael, on the wall with famous grads."

Oh nice, do you think he would remember you if he saw you now? Or did you ever meet him?

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 577
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rob Paulsen won an Academy Award???
Don't think so!

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 361
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Belvedere was a fav of mine. Is he still alive?

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 418
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"His name was Rob(ert) Paulsen. His name was Rob(ert) Paulsen."

Scottr

Post Number: 407
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, no, he was there 20 years before me - i suppose i didn't actually word that very clearly. I just remember thinking it was cool that one of our famous grads did something that i was actually familiar with. For some reason, i never forgot that name, which is amazing, cause i can't remember the name of half the people i actually did graduate with. Probably because I kept seeing his name through the years in the credits of so many cartoons.

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite famous Detroiter:

My favorite famous Detroiter:

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 785
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barbara and Ree-Ree from The New Dance Show.

Scottr

Post Number: 408
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Rob Paulsen won an Academy Award???
Don't think so!

you would be correct - he actually won an Emmy. simple mistake.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 301
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sir Graves Ghastley

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to say Jerry Bruckheimer. He went to Mumford. WHAT A GUY!!!

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 578
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sir Graves Ghastly never lived in Detroit. He always drove up from Cleveland to tape his show.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.