Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Any good Jamaican food? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking for good jamaican patties and jerk. any ideas? i heard there was one somewhere around UDM

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya Mon' Strickly Jerk, a fairly new carryout joint on Harper just west of Cadieux. Haven't tried everything on the menu, but what I've had was durn tasty.
Also, the Clubhouse Tavern in the basement of the Fisher Building ain't bad.

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamaican food is the shit. Ackie and salt fish with a side of callaloo (sp?) and plaintains. Mmmm.

Aren't there two places, one on 6 Mile and the other on 7 somewhere? Anyone ever been?

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 604
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamaica Jamaica on 7 mile near Southfield Fwy. and Caribbean Citchen on 6 mile in between Meyers and Wyoming.

Jamaica Jamaica has the better baked goods and their soup is good. Their menu is also more extensive so there is way more to choose from here.

The Citchen has the better Jerk and Curried Chicken and their patties are pretty good too. Their ackee is also good but expensive.

There is also Ronos there are two of them both on Six Mile one across from Sinai Grace and another past Southfield Rd. heading towards Rosedale Park
The Patties used to be terrible here but everything else is solid and the Schaefer location is a good sit down restaurant.

Damn I just made myself hungry.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.