Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Radio news/talk sources « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are your favorite radio news/talk stations..

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WWJ NewsRadio 950.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that 950AM is the only all news station, not too much talk however...

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 295
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sirius Left 146; CNN Sirius 132

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I think that 950AM is the only all news station, not too much talk however..."

I know. I want the news right then and there, not what some second class reporter or famous star's opinion about it.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4777
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WWJ is the one I rely on when I'm in the car and especially if I've got to get somewhere in a hurry too. There traffic reports that come every few minutes are invaluable when it comes to negotiating traffic snarls.

For sports flashes, rather than wait for WWJ to report on them at :15 and :45 of the hour, I usually will flip to WDFN- but that's generally if I'm trying to follow some sports news that I want to know.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 357
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For news: WWJ 950
For Detroit talk (truths and non-truths, reactions to what's happening in the city: Mildred Gaddis, 1200 WJLB
For blood pressure raising: WJR and its right-wing ideology (the sad demise of what was once the best radio station in the country).

Oldestuff
Username: Oldestuff

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, you're forgetting CKLW 20/20 news

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NPR (either the Detroit or Ann Arbor stations)

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 201
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Afternoon drive is Deminski & Doyle on 97.1 FREE FM. They are the funniest after a long stress-filled day!! I'm generally a news junkie and used to enjoy Mitch Albom on 'JR before they switched him to later. I want to lighten up on the drive home!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 750
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use WWJ950AM a lot, in the car. Just the facts, ma'am, only the facts. Updates on traffic, (oncoming) weather, sports. Anything really big going on, they'll mention it. For music? Ugghhh. I like jazz. I mean real jazz. During the day, I'm screwed. After 7:00 PM (when I'm probably not listening to the radio anyway,) 90.9 FM or WDET101.9FM (Ed Love.) I have also loved rock & roll since I was a kid, but the radio almost never delivers anything I like in that department. Thanks fer askin'.

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 193
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm Ruh-BURR-duh juh-SEE-nuh. DUH-bul-yew DUH-bul-yew JAHY!

A colleague of mine rubbed elbows with the formidable WWJ morning anchor at a Michigan broadcaster symposium a while back. Roberta Jasina served as a panelist and reportedly used the perch to routinely drop F-bombs and curse like a goddamned sailor.

Think of that the next time you hear her reading her "Grr-ATE STUFF" segment.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 765
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like her better, already.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.