Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Tara Lynn Grant found dead « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rogerjab
Username: Rogerjab

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DETROIT (AP) -- Investigators found what is believed to be the torso of a 34-year-old suburban wife and mother of two who disappeared last month and are seeking her husband as the suspect in her slaying, the Macomb County sheriff said Saturday.

Sheriff Mark Hackel said the torso was found in the garage of the home in Macomb County's Washington Township shared by Tara Grant and her husband, Stephen, following a search that began Friday night.

Hackel said Stephen Grant was wanted for questioning and was last believed to be driving a white pick-up truck. He said his office was working with county prosecutors to seek murder charges.

"He is the number one and at this time the only suspect in the murder of Tara Lynn Grant," Hackel told reporters at a news conference in Mount Clemens.

Hackel said investigators were looking for other evidence and additional body parts. He said a search was planned for Saturday in Macomb County.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And now they think Steven Grant has killed himself.

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 421
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How awful!

Rogerjab

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I predict this psycho did not kill himself. He thinks far too much of himself to do himself in, just a prediction, but that's my call. Sad deal though.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TV Movie!

This is some awful stuff though. Did anyone not get that gut feeling that the husband committed this crap?

I suppose if he did do it , and took his own life, saves the state a bunch of money to prosecute and jail his ass.

Still. 2 children who now have no parents.

Rogerjab

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the guy had a Jerry Lundergard quality to him from the get go, from the movie Fargo. Not the same circumstances, but he just had a sparmy quality about him.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 220
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a terrible tragedy. When I heard the reports earlier this morning that the cops were looking for the husband, my first reaction was they'll never find this guy alive. I feel awful for those poor, innocent kids.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know what would be worse for the kids, to have their father imprisoned for life, for their mom's murder, or that he was found dead. Either way, it's devastating and they've lost both parents.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are the kids OK?
I saw his sister on TV last night, she said he was with his kids.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1753
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if the parents are that far out of whack the kids are probably better off losing them

the idea of kids staying in an unstable situation just because they're with their biological parents is unrealistic, especially if the kids have stable relatives they can go to.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2677
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The nerve of that guy. He's allegedly continuing to drive on a suspended license.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3890
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ummmmm where is Karl with his "it all starts in the home" rhetoric?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 699
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow...how f-ed up is this...I wonder what his motive was...

Psip

Post Number: 1493
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fox2 phone call with Stephen Grants attorney.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=2559300&version=5&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1. 1

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2678
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Motive? Probably money. She earned more money and power in that marriage than he, according to Tara's sister.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 608
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would you hide the torso in your garage and then expect it to not be found?

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 284
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Motive was sex. She and he were both screwing other people. Totally selfish on both parts. Put themselves ahead of the kids.

Psip

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fox2 is on live right now, doing a recap.

Streaming feed:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=2559215&version=2&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1. 1

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 236
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I can figure out is why they didnt tail the guy when they came to search the house. He just sneeks away.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup,
Actually, I agree with you. The fact that the kids are young is in their favor, I hope. Makes it easier for them to make a new start and bond with the other relatives.

LY, since the male usually has more money and power in most marriages, historically, have wives over the centuries therefore killed them?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know someone (kid) whose parents did this. His dad killed his mom and bailed to the old country. He still has a level head, and actually moved to LA

Psip

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its one thing to kill someone, its a whole other level when the body is dismembered.
This guy is one sick puppy.

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 611
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kept the torso as a trophy! YIKES! I guess that answers my question.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 189
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that was just a reporter asking the sheriff if it was kept as a trophy and he said he didn't know the motives or something.

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 612
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

true. But that did answer my question though about why someone might keep a torso and not expect to be caught.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usually, if the word "torso" is used in the context of a news story, it means something quite horrible has happened...

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 455
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The suburbs aren't safe for white women anymore...

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iheartthed said "The suburbs aren't safe for white women anymore... "

Iheart, if you're joking, then ha ha I get it: some nasty things happen in the 'burbs.

But if you're serious then I'll reference you to the FBI's numbers, the front page of any day's paper, and the personal stories of City residents: suburbia is much safer than our core city. Statistically women of all colors, men, children, the elderly, gays, minorities (who have I left out?) take on a big risk by being in Detroit.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craig, google "sarcasm" then check back with us.

Craig

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oldredforette - ha ha. that's great, too. Interested in a ride up to Troy?

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2682
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Usually, if the word "torso" is used in the context of a news story, it means something quite horrible has happened...

The mention of other body parts near 29 and Mound didn't get your attention?

(Message edited by LivernoisYard on March 03, 2007)

Mthouston
Username: Mthouston

Post Number: 747
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happen to the Dog, I wonder?
From the Channel 4 news story

quote:

At the time of the search, Stephen Grant wasn't being apprehended and was free to walk his property. The last time Stephen Grant was seen was when he took his dog for a walk and never returned, Local 4 reported.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/11163919/detail.html

Craig

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mthouston said "What happen to the Dog, I wonder?"

Bet the plan for Mr. Grant involved saving on Purina for a while. Those hunters who vanished a couple of years ago up north got fed to pigs, or so the news said.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2684
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was going to bring up what Craig said, but...

Remember, dogs are, by their very nature, carrion eaters.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This story is now grisly enough for the national news... http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/ 03/missing.woman.ap/index.html

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow....reading that story would make you think this happened in Detroit.

"Investigators found what is believed to be the torso of a mother of two who disappeared last month in Detroit, Michigan"

Thats not right.

B24liberator
Username: B24liberator

Post Number: 50
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yet here we are discussing an non-Detroit issue on the Discuss Detroit Forum.....

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 624
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well as long as CNN or any other media make something a Detroit issue, that is a good enough reason for anyone to discuss it on this forum...

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 219
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew he did it. Just had the spidey senses tingling. Same thing with Howard Stern in the Anna Nicole/Daniel case.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could his truck be any brighter? Where the hell could he have hidden that thing at,a sunflower field.

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 93
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fox2 is reporting the yellow truck has been found up north in Emmet County. No sign of him yet.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 343
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he's reportedly in a cabin at Wilderness State Park west of Mackinac Bridge. at least, according to http://www.taralynngrant.com

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you know... i dont mean to sound calous... but i can honestly give a shit..

Murderers fall into 2 categories..

Cause by mentally unstable..
this include Crackheads, nutcases, jealous types, stalkers ect.
These psycos are in all types of societies and they cannot be prevented... no matter where you live or what you do.
They are relativly few of overall murders, and are a statistical anomaly of the general population. These are murders that will happen in any large congregation of people.

And drug/underworld related
Most are done to advance a true and relized goal of supremacy over others, that carry a real motive and benefit for carrying out such a crime. (in all honesty isnt that what governments do.. under a cloak of honor?). These CAN be prevented by reducing the benefit of such action or taking that part of the black market overt, bringing those people under the law, eliminating the need for rivalries.
These make up the bulk of all murders in the united states due to its continued prohibitionist stance and usually involve money, black market trading, or rival factions.

Honestly... what are you going to do? You cant press a button to figure out who is a nutcase and who isnt? Its unfortunate... but im more concerned why the US has more of the latter type of murders than anywhere else in the world...

that might make a difference in my life..

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 450
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" Its unfortunate... but im more concerned why the US has more of the latter type of murders than anywhere else in the world... "

There are many countries in the world with a much higher drug/underworld related murder rate than the U.S.

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on March 03, 2007)

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 673
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember when he was a sobbing mess, making a plea for her safe return or at least a phone call?

All a set-up for him to act like the victim.
All after he was done cutting up her body.

People are crazy.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3728
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit issues include all of Metro Detroit... Lowell has so ruled... and so it shall be!

B24liberator
Username: B24liberator

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll concede the point--- But now we have THREE threads going about the same TOPIC! How about a little consolidation people!

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe people will get scared of living in Macomb Co. and move back to Detroit :-)

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 249
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The husband should always be considered guilty until proven innocent in these cases. It's just the way it always seems to work out. Remember his sleazy emails with his former girlfriend and constant proclamations that all he wanted to do was find Tara.

Steven "O.J" Grant is a jealous, warped and sick asshole.

I hope he loses a couple fingers and toes from frostbite during his escape attempt in Wilderness State Park

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070304/U PDATE/703040350

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 877
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do we ask about a motive when you are obviously depraved enough to dismember the body of your children's mother?

later - naturalsister

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.