Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Information? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rochambeau
Username: Rochambeau

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey everybody,

I am new here and have come with two questions. Well, really one question and one request.

1. Question- Is there a location, either on a website or at city hall, to find out which buildings in Detroit are slated for demolition?

2. Request- Does anybody know where I can find some photos of Belle Isle- especially shots of the Zoo? I am seeking photos and research materials, maps and images, for a potential architectural thesis project.

Thanks for the help

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are some historic shots of the Belle Isle zoo. Can't help ya on the other one.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8441
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. I highly, highly doubt it. The city having readily available info like that, Crime Stats, etc is pretty much non-existent.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 592
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Belle Isle Zoo: http://www.flickr.com/search/? q=belle+isle+zoo

Stephenvb
Username: Stephenvb

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In response to Q1, Preservation Wayne may have a list. Under Resources, they reference work on a Buildings Inventory. It might be worth a try.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 442
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in response to number one...i have heard that info like that is on public record, and accessible. however, i couldn't tell you who to contact or where to go. you could always try calling the city offices and see where it gets you?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.