Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Do any Animal Cops- Detroit people from MHS post here? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recently watched an episode of Animal Plant channel's Animal Cops featuring the investigators from the Michigan Humane Society in Detroit. Do any of them post here?

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1573
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not that I know of. Good show, though.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 722
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take my cally to that MHS clinic. They do a wonderful job. Cally's vet is Dr. CeCe Clements, she's been on that program. I let the people in the front office watch Cally while I visited the dogs in the back. One of the people in the office was an animal cop I've seen on the show. All I can say is the concern and love they show for animals is genuine, not at all something they do just for the camera.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 529
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That show often makes me wonder how people can be so vicious, even to animals. It's really sad to see how low society has fallen.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CeCe looked at my cats last time i was in the clinic too. I adopted them there as well, perhaps i should find all the episodes from a year or so ago and see if they were rescued on TV :D

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 597
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I volunteered (well I had to pick some place to fulfill my 50 hours of court ordered service) to work at that location of the Michigan Humane Society back a few years ago. A few of the times they were there filming. Not sure if any people from the show post though. Why do you ask?

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They also tape and involve the MHS in Birmingham also. But usually, most of the show is about the location on I-75 and Clay. It's a good show to the extent that it shows what these animals go through in real life.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 600
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those that haven't seen it, it isn't like cops where it could put Detroit in a bad spotlight. I think that it is actually really well done and shows lots of good things being done in the city to a national audience.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.