Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Cheer up folks - it could be worse.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 643
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is worse than the numbers over the last five years indicate, because many of those "departed" from the Big 2.5 and their suppliers have given up looking for work and therefore do not show up in the unemployment rate calculations.

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 885
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to be an ass but:

"2006 6.8%
2005 6.7%
2004 7.0%
2003 7.1%
2002 6.2%
2001 5.2%
2000 3.7% "

That doesn't sound too good.

You're better off than Mogadishu!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 994
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have a 6 figure salary and can't pay your bills?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 329
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

probably has something to do with the debt he racked up when throwing the bills away for awhile :-)

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before Pubic Bush the first, unemployment figures took into account those who were unemployed minus women, minors, and retirees. GB I decided to remove those "who are no longer looking for work" (those who are unemployed for 6 months or greater (who the fuk replaces their job in 6 months!))off the readings for unemployment figures. Notice the big drop after 1992. This was furthered by the republican takeover of congress in 94'. These were done under the guise of adding women to employment figures. Half this country could be unemployed, and we could have 4% unemployment.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2664
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps, a 6-figure "income" could be achieved through liberal use of a credit card...

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I only mentioned my income to indicate that despite the fact we are in a depressed economy, and I lack a college degree, I still make a good living. There is still opportunity if you work hard and have a skill that is in demand.

I have one credit card with a $200 limit. The fact that I don't use credit is probably why it is tight at times, I pay for stuff as I go along, not LATER...

I was trying to make a positive statement in the midst of all of the gloomy news we have been hearing...

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on March 02, 2007)

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Comrade Alexei289 is right! Those darn Republicans keep pullin' fast ones with the numbers. Good thing that some of us are so vigilant as well as being obscene punsters. Besides, women shouldn't be counted when in the workplace - they belong at home, right?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.