Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Executive Plaza demolition? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psewick
Username: Psewick

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't this building supposed to be demolished already? What is the status? It's blocking my view of the Penobscot building! :P

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 273
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I would miss the red hammer. Why do you think it was to be demolished? I am not aware of a development plan for the location.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3710
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The FBI plans on putting a 5 block campus on that site. It was in another thread last year.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 326
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

new FBI HQ.. Not the hammer building, that is still occupied....This is the abandonded building right off the Lodge freeway.. Looks similar though

Corktownmark

Post Number: 274
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You so right SofD. The Michigan plaza does look a little similar to the DTE tower though it is not at all like the executive plaza which has the hammer.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 758
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C-Town-
Wrong on both accounts. The hammer building is further up Woodward, near Harper Hospital. Not sure of the exact building though. I'm assuming thats the Local HQ for Carpenter's & Millrights?

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1521
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

right you are Rrl. there are also medical offices in there, including my dentist

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 327
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wrong again, corktown.... C'mon this building is right near corktown :-)

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "hammer" building is called "Professional Plaza" and is at 3800 Woodward. There are no plans to tear it down but it should be. The mechanical systems are antiquated and the window curtain needs to be completely replaced. It's a wreck no matter who has owned it over the years, no one seems willing to spend the money to maintain it.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/76017/80772.html?1157656 723

Psewick
Username: Psewick

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I swear I remember reading somewhere that it was going to be demolished "in February of 2007". Feh. Oh well.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5170
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thing is quite a ways off if it ever happens, at all. I don't think this is as done a deal as some think it is.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 518
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FWIW there are a handful of lights on in the Executive Plaza building. I'm curious why systems would still be on for a building that is slated for demolition.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

would someone please drive by there and see if there's a big orange "GAS OFF" spray painted on the building?-that's what you will see right before demolition begins

oh yea, no one has said this yet:

tear that 70's Schitt down!

(Message edited by 56packman on March 02, 2007)

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, and a chain link fence, too

Corktownmark

Post Number: 275
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops I thought the black building that is in the location of the new FBI development (on Sixth) was the MICHIGAN Plaza and that the EXECUTIVE Plaza was on Woodward and has a hammer on the side. I can see the building on sixth easily enough from home.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.