Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The Griswold - additional rendering « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kraemerdesigngroup
Username: Kraemerdesigngroup

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All - in the past there were requests for additional views of the Griswold. Check out these great balconies and the full height glass in each unit. BK

s

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep em coming Kraemer,

This will be a hell of a balcony when it's all said and done.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love to live their. The first floor of the condos have double balconies. I wonder how much more those units are then the floors above.

Kpm
Username: Kpm

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent work, KDG! Can't wait to see floorplans, etc., on the website. They look impressive so far!

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 689
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oooo...those look sweet!!!...

I predeict those will be the most coveted living spaces in the city once they're finished...

Korridorkid
Username: Korridorkid

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KraemerDG- Have I told you lately, that I love you?

'Cause I do!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3709
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Going off on a tangent here... I would think that most of the folks who own these would probably not have children. Last thing you would want is children playing by the railings.

I have vertigo, so I wouldn't be able to get any closer to the edge than that lady in the rendering! :-)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8430
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Last thing you would want is children playing by the railings.

Beats them playing in the street.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2511
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Balconies are great, and this is the advantage that new construction downtown can have. Still, a renovated Broderick Tower, and/or Stott Tower or Book Tower residential conversion would be the most sought-after apartments downtown.

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 689
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of the Broderick, does anyone have the latest info on when construction will start on that renovation?

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats fantastic. I am really looking forward to seeing this go up.

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Broderick Tower is supposed to start construction by the summer, but I am sure KDG would know better since they designed the units and renovations.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How occupied is the Stott tower anyone know?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 589
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

someone asked this recently and I think that the answer was that it was between 60 and 70%

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 516
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought Stott was as low as 20%?

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like SuperMax to me.
http://www.supermaxed.com/imag es/Florence%20Supermax.jpg

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

noooo, the Stott is not 60 or 70%. Downtown as a whole (at least the occuppied business buildings) might not even be 60%

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5169
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, the Book and Stott have some of the lowest occupancies from what I hear.

Spirit, you are exaggerating quite a bit. Of the leasable office space downtown 26-27% of it is vacant as of the fourth quarter of 2006 according to CBRE. It's been at or around this number for years now. In fact Metro Detroit's office market has been flat/soft for awhile now.

According to the report Troy is reporting a 26% vacany, Southfield a 28% vacancy...The only office markets doing even half way decent are Auburn Hills (12.68% vacancy), and Farmington/West Bloomfield (15% vacancy).

(Message edited by lmichigan on March 01, 2007)

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 282
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is your source Rbdetsport about the Broderick?

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 331
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan,

From the numbers I collected, most buildings were not at 75% occupancy in Sept

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5171
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's the source of your numbers? Then, we can judge whose are better. I hope the sources aren't isn't heresay.

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 332
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive posted a lot of the numbers before. They came straight from the mouth of the repsective building owner or management group

Queensfinest
Username: Queensfinest

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

None of those commercial vacancy rates mentioned are necessarily good. Better than completely vacant though I guess. Once you're up to 95% occupied then some of this continued new construction in the city or suburbs can be justified.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 292
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good design, keeps with the pattern of the area. When are they set to go on sale?313

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 241
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjlj, I was not acting like I was an insider. That is just the projected time I have heard from many people.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Understood Rbdetsport. Just wanted to know where this information was coming from. Any more details would be nice.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3715
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Almost gone...

Commerce Building Demolition detroit

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.