Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Schools « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Repeater
Username: Repeater

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone here go to Coolidge or Cody H.S.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5575
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to Cody High School from 2001 to 2003. It was a three floor mostly concrete building. At one time, the two floor building in the back was called Everett Elementary. It too was made out of concrete. The school used to hold up to 3,000 students now it's 1800 The school is 94% black, 2%white and 1% Arabs and 2% Hispanics.

Repeater

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Danny, I went to Cody between 62 and 66. I had an English class in Everett. Do you live in the area still. I grew up on St. Marys between Greenfield and Southfield.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mom graduated from Cody in Jan 1966. She grew up on Burt Road, just north of Joy I think.

Repeater

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yaktown, what is your moms name. I'm Dennis Calhoun and I graduated in Jan 66 also.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dennis. My mom's name was Lynne Hotchkiss, had a younger sister Karen and a younger brother Bob. I'll mention your name to her this weekend, see if it rattles her memory ;-)

Repeater

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Yaktown, I don't have a album down here but the name Hotchkiss sounds familiar. I went to the reunion a couple of years ago, interesting to see the kid all grown up. My e-mail down here is dennis.calhoun@usap.gov

Gertrude
Username: Gertrude

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad and his brothers and sister graduated from Cody in the late '60s/early '70's. They started out in Herman Gardens and moved to Archdale just south of Joy ~67.

I remember my dad making me run the track there and me complaining about it constantly when he moved back in with his parents while my parents finalized their divorce. Hey, I was six at the time!

Repeater

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Gertrude, my son was born in 67 He went to St Al's but drivers ed at Cody. Did you keep running?? D

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mom graduated Cody in 75 and my dad in 74.

Gertrude
Username: Gertrude

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Repeater - I actually like running although it took me nearly 30 years to be able to say that. My grandma still lives there and I pass by Cody every so often. That track is pretty cracked.

Ericdetfan - Your parents might have known one of my uncles.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 84
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember this school? (All Saint's)

Any information about its location?

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the 1929 Southwestern High School tool work shop.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.