Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Sports Illustrated on Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 448
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I figured we could use a good chuckle today....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c om/2007/writers/phil_taylor/02 /21/isiah.knicks/index.html

Which brings us to Isiah Thomas, who runs the New York Knicks both from the bench and the front office, but who has been more punch line than president for the last few seasons. He took over the floundering Knicks four years ago and did what most thought was impossible -- he made them worse.

As the Knicks became a laughingstock, so did Thomas. It's as if his Hall of Fame playing career never happened. Thomas was labeled as an incompetent, a know-nothing, and with the possible exception of Detroit Lions president Matt Millen, he continues to be the most ridiculed executive or coach in professional sports.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1586
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poor Isiah. Some great players just don't make great coaches or managers. I suggest we protest Sports Illustrated.
Let's give SI back The Fist.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wish i had the skill and nerve Brown did to work his last couple of NBA swindles

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 449
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually Isiah is doing much better than the highly overpaid Larry Brown. That guy needs to be arrested for robbery.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.