Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Hubbard Farms Online « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jallen
Username: Jallen

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Hubbard Farms neighborhood is chugging along, lots going on here-

I am trying to get a proper neighborhood forum happening- It really just went up, and needs a little boost- anyone with anything to say about the neighborhood is welcome to comment at:

http://hubbardfarms.informe.co m

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice site, Jallen! Yours appears to be the first public discussion site of any Detroit neighborhood.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My Internet Explorer v7 is displaying keywords at the very top of the homepage:
quote:

,hubbard farms, southwest, detroit, sw, sw detroit, southwest detroit, hubbard, " />

Best of luck with it, Jallen!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 500
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To not sound totally stupid on the 'Hubbard Farms' web site, can someone on DetroitYES! fill me in on a brief history/story of this neighborhood. I have heard a lot about many Detroit neighborhoods, but never too much regarding this one...

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My brother lives down there , on Hubbard south of Vernor . Housing is fairly nice . Those places really were well built . He has stated that other then garbage removal, city services are almost non- existent . He was robbed at gunpoint in his house back in the Fall of 06. From what he has said , if you need police service or an ambulance , you may or may not get a response let alone a TIMELY response .

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 250
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking at one house there that's in great shape, but the kitchen needs to be completely gutted and the house is in need of some external repairs. The woodwork on the inside, however, is in great shape. Never painted over or anything.
I'm weighing the costs of said gutting and complete scrapping/painting of the outside against buying a house in this market that needs little to no work. :-)

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 275
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe if the forum were expanded to all Southwest Detroit, you'd get more members?

Lectrotext
Username: Lectrotext

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To learn more about Hubbard Farms and Southwest Detroit go to http://www.modeldmedia.com/nei ghborhoods/swdetroit.aspx and click on the visiting/investing/moving links.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3058
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a southwest Detroit forum a few years back, and I believe that it died for lack of interest....
Kudos to my old neighbors in Hubbard Farms, who, faced with a barrage of petty crime, are banding together and trying to make the neighborhood better.
Because people in Hubbard Farms have been rolling up their sleeves and going the extra mile for a couple decades now, the neighborhood looks more attractive than ever, and the spirit of community is stronger than ever.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.