Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Spectacles - Harmonie Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone been to this seemingly cool botique in harmonie park...it seems to have a very soulful funky Detroit spin to a high end fashion...and their myspace page represents Triple P

http://farm1.static.flickr.com /21/89959043_b33f001024.jpg?v= 0

http://profile.myspace.com/ind ex.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewpro file&friendid=49962048

with all the cool shops/night spots in harmonie park I wonder why there isn't more housing/more of an identity for this area

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 675
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spectacles is great...I used to live above it:-)
There is actually quite a bit of residential in Harmonie Park (IMO the best location in the CBD) but they're smaller/independent spaces that have been around for awhile and don't really advertise.
Almost every building in Harmonie Park has people living in it. Sometimes there's only one or two lofts in a building and those are always full.

Redetroit
Username: Redetroit

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harmonie, do you know if any of the residential units in Harmonie Park have parking included? If not, where do most park?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8310
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great place and great owners/employees. I have bought a lot from them. What is a really neat concept - they are (at least in the summers) open later on weekends.

A few of my purchases there have come after a few too many drinks. These are the type of retailers people in the city need to support. These are the type of places that have had a million threads mourning the loss of places like this in RO.

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 676
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know of any that come with parking but the opera house parking garage is right there and it's probably the most reasonable garage in the city. There are also tons of surface lots right close too. I used to park for free in the lot by Vicente's when it was a dirt lot that no one cared about:-)

FYI- I don't know any downtown residential that comes with parking...they might have it attached but it's always extra.

Spaceman_spiff
Username: Spaceman_spiff

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been to Spectacles, bought some presale tickets for a Jeff Mills show at 5th Ave. there last month. They have a friendly staff who seem to enjoy their job.

-spiff

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.