Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Cityscape Detroit: "Current Trends in Architecture;" Fri., Feb. 23; 6:30pm « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Akoper
Username: Akoper

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The nonprofit group Cityscape Detroit is proud to present a panel discussion where three area architects will present on “Current Trends in Architecture.” The three architects are: Dorian Moore, architect and vice president at the firm Archive DS; Constance Bodurow, professor of architecture at the University of Detroit Mercy; and Michael Poris, architect and principle at the firm McIntosh Poris. The event will be on Friday, February 23 at 6:30 p.m. The event will be held in SmartDetroit on the 13th floor of the Penobscot Building (downtown Detroit), 645 Griswold St., Detroit, MI. The event is open to the public. There is a $8 recommended donation for nonmembers at the door, and members are free. Please RSVP if possible at rsvp@cityscapedetroit.org.

Cityscape Detroit is a twenty-six year old, 501(c)3 volunteer organization devoted to urban planning, urban design, historic preservation, architecture, investment, green spaces, mass transit, interesting streetscapes, pedestrianism, human scale development, urbanism, and the "built environment" in Detroit. More information is available at www.cityscapedetroit.org
Top of pageBottom of page

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 484
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a class with Constance at UDM in undergrad in the School of Architecture. She does know quite a bit and really built and increased my interest in urban planning. Also had Dorian Moore as a professor in masters; he is also knowledgeable about urban planning. I wish that I still lived in Detroit and could go to cool events like this. There's something about Detroit!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.