Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit World Outreach - Scandal « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Helpwanted
Username: Helpwanted

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wxyz has exposed this greedy church leader.

http://www.wxyz.com/wxyz/ys_in vestigations/article/0,2132,WX YZ_15949_5332358,00.html
>
there is a video report you can view if you click on the windows media video

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8270
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome, Helpwanted.

We've been critical of other lavish-lifestyled church leaders...might be time for a few of 'em to come falling down.

World Outreach has been on a weird path for years...I stopped having any reasonably good feelings about them when they stopped calling themselves Fairlane Assembly of God.

This group has had a l-o-n-g history of leadership problems, revealing some spiritual lock-hold that is beyond the mere human members.

Anyone who cares to peek into it from a wider perspective can see the trend...and I've heard enough stories from people I knew within the organization to stay away.

Damn shame, too, since they were another of the more visible faces of Christian religion in the area...makes you wonder.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 374
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Praise the Lord.

Helpwanted

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i use to go to fairlane assembly and then followed them to redford as DWO. pastor jack (who passed away suddenly 1 1/2 years ago) lived in a nice but not lavish home in westland. i left this church about 7 years ago. i use to do volunteer work (data entry) and i saw a lot of "inside" waste of money and time. the lady i was helping update files for was constantly on the phone planning her daughter's wedding on church payroll time. not acceptable at all.

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Office work is truly god's work.

Helpwanted

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

amen?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.