Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Scrubs TV Show Detroit Connection « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chefdave
Username: Chefdave

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed on the show scrubs that Dr Cox character wears a Detroit redwings jersey sometimes. Is there a Detroit connection with show with the actor or the producers? Just curious if anyone new anything. Thanks

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yea, i forget the exact connection, but ive heard that there is a Detroit mention, usually the red wings, in every episode.

Cwl704
Username: Cwl704

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The actor who play Dr. cox is pals with Chelios.

(Message edited by cwl704 on February 06, 2007)

Lawnmowerman
Username: Lawnmowerman

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just pulled this off from IMDB...John C. McGinley is a good friend of NHL defenseman Chris Chelios, and can often be seen on "Scrubs" wearing a Chelios hockey jersey or T-shirt of Chelios' chain of restaurants, "Cheli's Chili".

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 335
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I always noticed that too. It's cool.

And Paul McCartney has a Red Wings sticker on his guitar for a big concert DVD recently. It was because he was in the band of the similar name, but still cool.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Simpsons always have Detroit references. Someone on their staff lived in Detroit. My personal favorite is when Homer is on the ranch he feels like a real rancher. With a piece of hay in his mouth he tells marge "look at those rich city slickers with their fancy clothes" MArge tells homer that they are elk. Then Homer yells at the elk "GO BACK TO GROSSE POINTE!"

Titancub
Username: Titancub

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best quote from Dr Cox is while wearing a Chelios jersey he tells someone they'll sit and listen to him 'tell why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest sports team in all of sports'.

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

scrubs is easily my favorite show ever created. Love that show.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jasoncw, Paul McCartney was given that Red Wings sticker by a fan when his band Wings played at the Olympia in 1976. Its on his accoustic epiphone guitar that he still plays.

Yeah, I'm a Beatlemaniac.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 115
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Simpsons always have Detroit references. Someone on their staff lived in Detroit. "

That would be Al Jean. His family owns Jean's Hardware on 12 Mile in Farmington Hills.

Chefdave
Username: Chefdave

Post Number: 69
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been a fan of the scrubs for a while and always wondered about the wings jersey. Thanks for the answers.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.