Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Sidney Hill Health Club « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New poster here , but , I've been lurking around for a while . Does anybody remember Sidney Hill Health Club on Eight Mile just east of Schaefer ? I spent many a summer afternoon at their outdoor pool in the 1960's and early 70's .I know it's still there but now it's a totally different type of place . I remember it quite well , there was a mens and ladies gym . Beautiful indoor and outdoor pools , a bar area that served great food . As I said , had some wonderful summers there when I was kid
-Dana

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 339
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Softailrider...welcome...Durin g the late 70's/early 80's, after it was sold, it changed names and transformed into the "in" nite spot to be seen...but I can't remember the name of the club...I remember you used to travel down that long drive at the side to park in the back.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember that , It became a disco during that era . I can't remember the name of it either though .

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was called "Cheeks"., they tried to be Detroits version of Studio 54

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.