Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Celebratory brunch « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Oo7plyr
Username: Oo7plyr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My father-in-law is retiring this month, and we'd like take him out for a special brunch. Any suggestions of a place that's great to celebrate his achievement. We're over on the eastside but are willing to drive a few miles for a good spot.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4684
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ritz-Carleton, expensive but worth it.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8244
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the brunch at Sinbads and it is on the east side. Depends upon the environment you are looking for. Sinbads isn't fancy but it is relaxing.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 428
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've always heard good things about la dolce vita's brunch menu, although i have yet to make it over there myself.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LDV is way overrated.

go to union street

Warrenite84
Username: Warrenite84

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try the River Crab in St.Clair,MI. I think it's around $20, and is on the St.Clair River. The view is great and the food and service is better.

It's between St.Clair and Port Huron.

Jtw
Username: Jtw

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about the Detroit Breakfast House?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3575
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not the Whitney? Don't they have weekend brunches? Can't beat the ambience...

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1346
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Try the River Crab in St.Clair,MI. I think it's around $20, and is on the St.Clair River. The view is great and the food and service is better.

Yeah, such a great view of the overgrown canals of Stag Island...

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mention of the St Clair river reminded me of going to the St Clair Inn on the river for Thanksgiving. That was a great place. Im not sure its still open. Does anybody know if its still around and if so is it still as good as it was 30 years ago?

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 564
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Beer Company has the upper floor you can use for your party.

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The saint clair inn is still open, i went there for the boat races this year. That is a very cool place.

I 2nd sinbads, it's a very relaxed atmosphere and not to pricy. Plus you can watch the ice jams floating by on the river.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.