Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Getting Taxes Done « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the past, I've done my taxes with some piece of software or by pen/pencil but thats when things were simple. This year, things have gotten a bit complicated and just want to have someone else to do them. Now that I have all the forms I need (all 8 or so of them), I want to dump them on someone so I can hurry up and get that federal, state, and (in about 7 months) city tax return.

Anyone care to give suggestions of places to get them done around Downtown, Southwest, or Midtown?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 908
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Turbo Tax is wonderful

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 215
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sticks,

I know this is not what you asked for, but, Detroitplanner is right. Turbo Tax does an excellent job with very complicated returns. Still, Turbo and H & R's Tax Cut both require some patience and perseverance with more complicated returns. If you take your forms to H & R Block, they will be happy to enter the info into their computer program for you.

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree on Turbo. We've used it for years. Our are EXTREMELY complicated this year so, for a $35 fee, we're having a real auditor review it and respond to several of our questions. The we e-file and have the overage e-deposited and it's done VERY quickly.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1538
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I miss Leona Helmsley. My hero every April 15.
She is quoted as saying that "Only the little people pay taxes".
I believe that she was released in early 1994.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 996
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can tell you where you shouldn't get your taxes done...

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070201/NEWS01/ 70201039

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.