Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Politically INcorrect Metro Analysis-Barbie Rules! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8144
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I 'just' got this in an e-mail from my Livonia friend...and think it is just hilarious.

IF you find yourself or someone you know in one of these generalizations, please aim AWAY from the messenger.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 546
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too Funny! There are lots of Eight Mile Barbies in my 'hood.

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody needs to add a Midtown Hipster Barbie with a Vespa.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would the beer-gutted Ken doll with optional Glock and Doberman accessories come with the Midtown Hipster Barbie?

Gannon

Post Number: 8154
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not if she sees him first.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11185
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody's gotta be her pimp. :-)

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These were TOO funny! Ferndale Barbie could also be A2 Barbie though she might need to be more international.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 342
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A2 Barbie would be an east coast native and consider Ann Arbor an extension of the northeast and not a part of metro Detroit or Michigan. She would also drive either a Subaru, Toyota or Mini-Cooper.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is also a version with Ferndale Barbie as Ann Arbor Barbie. It also has Grosse Pointe Barbie, who comes with a set of church wear because it would be a sin not to be seen at the service. Livonia Barbie, as I recall, comes with Ford Explorer and drives home from Ford Field because Ken is drunk, taking twice as long to go home as he did to drive down.

Mtm

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hate to disagree IhearttheD, but A2 Barbie would think she was still in Berkley (CA)and would probably have a dent in her car because she drives as bad as most Californians. Plus, she eats tofu bacon, won't use a paper plate unless she could recycle it, and pumps breast milk at work.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 343
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be sociology professor A2 Barbie, MTM.

Mtm

Post Number: 175
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... or an EPA employee ...

Iheartthed

Post Number: 344
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Touche.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 242
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

metro d barbies and no detroit barbie--disappointing.or a hamtramck one for that matter...or an east dearborn one. hmmm--sounds to me like someone was to afraid to be politically incorrect or just doesn't give a shit

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good link. Thanks for the belly laugh, Gannon!

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjw, I'm pretty sure the Woodward Ave Barbie/Ken referred to the D.

Thanks for the post Gannon!

Wsugradguy
Username: Wsugradguy

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it was a great laugh, but I can't believe there isn't a Detroit Barbie, now that would have been hilarious. Weave, long airbrushed fingernails, complete with blunt and diaperless baby, in an eddie bauer stroller. LOL

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God, is that what would be waiting for me if I ever decide to move back?Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 551
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What would be a German Barbie? Would she be holding a Brat and be dressed like the St Pauli Girl?

Gannon

Post Number: 8162
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I met her in the express lane at Meijer a few nights ago.

She's gorgeous, smart, and funny...and about 5'9", but I didn't see her heels.

Hopefully brave, too...I welcomed her to check out the city, we'll see if she dares.

Tuere
Username: Tuere

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The metro Barbies are pretty funny. I'm a Detroit native but live in Indianapolis. The exact same thing was circulated on email, but with Indy locations. I think it's funnier when you have some familiarity with the referenced locales.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 244
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ditto on the barbies in baltimore also--but there were a number of different city ones.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 902
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is the Warrendale Barbie with the Ford sedan, head scarf (babuskas for the polish ones and hajibs for the arabic ones) and the annoying neighbors?

Al_t_publican
Username: Al_t_publican

Post Number: 141
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's the Sharon McPhail 'Barbie'?

I know. At 2 Woodward Ave.

Gannon

Post Number: 8167
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good one.

You just gotta know there's been an OFFICIAL request for the "Do You Know Who the FUCK I Am" Barbie from some building at the foot of Woodward and Jefferson.

Her fictitious doll lover will remain anonymous, but one of his accessories is a rather outsized pure-carbon crystal earpiece.

They tried to fashion a wife for him, but she kept killing all the other dolls.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Do You Know Who the FUCK I Am"

I always thought that would make a great Detroit T shirt

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.