Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Downtown Signage « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Long_in_the_tooth
Username: Long_in_the_tooth

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's exciting to see what must be a discount electronics store going in next to the
Vinton Building on Woodward Ave.
Thanks again to all those hard working folks
at Detroit Historical and City Planning for
there judgment and taste in this extraordinary
installation.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude that's just Ndavies home theater.

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 410
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome longinthetooth....granted a weird first post , but welcome nonetheless....does anyone know what store he's talking about?

(Message edited by apbest on January 25, 2007)

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1874
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And I thought this thread was on the subject of the downtown directional signage installed before the Super Bowl last year!

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 172
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmm, i saw something going in there with a large green light without any signage yet put up last weekend.

Anyway, I do like the new vertical PARK sign on the CVS parking garage :-)

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11176
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you referring to Eph McNally's?

Tigersfan9
Username: Tigersfan9

Post Number: 85
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any update on Eph McNally's? I thought they were supposed to open their Woodward spot in June or July of this past summer. Their new place likely won't be able to match the character and charm of the Corktown spot, but if the food is the same, I'll be there.

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats what I thought it was... Kind of a strange sign though. But, it wasnt finished so it couldve turned out different

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spirit, it's kinda odd about that sign. They said they had no business in that garage until they got that sign because everyone thought that it was office space. (According to a cashier in the garage).

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 176
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha, I believe it. Especially since its hard to spot where u enter it from woodward.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 938
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't even know you could validate parking at CVS until I asked.........that's one way to increase business.....tell people the good deals you DO have....amazing.

Rayls
Username: Rayls

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The stainless steel lighted sign above the entrance to 608 Woodward has been in place since its installation in the late 40's. I guess you could say it is a little "Long in the Tooth" as well, having a 60 year history in its location. It only appears new due to the removal of layers of paint, rewiring, and the replacement of lightbulbs. The vibrant Detroit of the 1940's was awash in neon and chase lights. This is one of the only vintage signs remaining in the lower Woodward corridor.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.