Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The Detroit High School for Fine & Performing Arts? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A while back I recall reading an article about The Detroit High School for Fine & Performing Arts and the New Cass Tech.

In the article I remember there being some dollar figures for what each school cost & the amenities of each, does anyone have this information or the articles?

What are the general feelings about Fine & Performing Arts School?

From what I remember it sounded pretty fabulous.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5438
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fine and performing arts is mainly on music eduction, dances ( especially ballet) and making music and music production.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my feeling is that this is a school that is fulfulling its mission. However, this theme school and others took away the programs and curriculum which made Cass Tech the great school that it was. As long as I can remember I kept hearing that DPS was going to move this program and that program into other schools because the powers that be felt there should not be a elite school that only a percentage of students could attend. Mission accomplished ! Cass is not even the best school in its own district when 30 years ago you were comparing it on a national basis.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.