Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Photo Du Jour - January 19 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6130
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 7:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A visit to the Auto Show is today's P.D.J.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aaaaaahhhhh! The Commie Cars are coming!!!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3579
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time of day were you there? It look like no one is there. Great for photographing and nice pics. Thanks.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1470
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"coming hard" with some of the most ungainly looking cars ever made.

btw, the sticker on the nissan hybrid is likely to keep out journalists, not corporate spys. preproduction cars usually don't have all the fit and finish kinks worked out, things that journalists would likely skewer nissan for if they could get inside assuming that would be representitive of cars to come off the line en masse

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 663
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pictures. No Camaro?

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Chinese cars were ugly. Better than a Trabant...but still ugly.

Besides, I have high hopes for the Volt. If GM comes out with that before anyone else has anything close to it, it will sell unbelievably and totally change the car market. I doubt the chinese are anywhere close to duplicating that technology.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few of those Changfen cars were remakes of other cars, like that truck has the same rear 2/3's of the Honda Ridgeline. I forgot the others, I knew it when I saw them at the show.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the sticker is an attempt to keep the general public from grabbing the handle and trying to wrench the door open. the cars that are open get quite a bit of wear and tear over 10 days of manhandling. the car is locked because the interior is probably not finalized yet, and they don't want to be held to certain design elements, etc.

[btw. aiw, it's "maserati" (no z) and "hyundai" (add a y).]

(Message edited by rsa on January 19, 2007)

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6131
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks RSA, typing to fast...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.