Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Nathaniel Abraham. What will happen? « Previous Next »
Nathaniel Abraham. What will happen? - 1Danny96 01-20-07  9:36 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 422
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All that stuff about a free college education, free housing etc has been determined to be BS. So much for accuracy, fact checking etc by the local media, except for the Freep, which did not publish that stuff that had so many people upset (including me.)

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 891
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who determined it to be BS? Post the link!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3612
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really Kathi...

Its easy to search for my posts, so please feel free to post some of my 'racist' posts...

I loved being called a racist cause then I get to make people prove something they know they can not...

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 301
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Abraham footing own bills"
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070120/NEW S03/701200301&imw=Y

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I guess not because none of you all have ever done anything wrong in your lives when you were 11 (not trying to make comparisons to murder like in this case just saying how much about life did you know at that age hypocrites)."--Detroit_stylin

Detroit_stylin, when I was 11 years old, I did do some wrong things such as:

1) placing a whoopi cushion in my English teacher's chair;

2) or chopping down a tree unsupervised;

3) or conspiring with my friends to not invite a certain person to our slumber party.

Yeah, I did some wrong things typical of other 11 year olds. Murder was never part of the agenda.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3614
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently people are reading too deep into what I was getting at.

What I was saying (for the last time may I add) is that granted the crime was as horrid as he was and he may even have had a bit of a grasp on the severity of, he therefor lacked the maturity level of a grown ass man when he committed this act. The man was only friggin eleven, and also like I stated before his environment more than likely played a big part in how he perceived the world around him. I had never excused him one bit.

Is it clear to you all now?

*Thank you:: Management*

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3901
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, was he aiming at trees or Greene's head?

Spongebob
Username: Spongebob

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Based on his attire in court. It appears he is going to be a pimp.

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I was at a hearing for someone who had killed one of my loved ones and the defendant appeared dressed like that yet he strutted out of court a free man, I would be enraged. He's knows full well what he's wearing. He's doing the whole Scarface/Gangsta worship bullshit. He's having his "coming out" party at the expense of his opportunity to show remorse.

It's an insult on par with wearing a t-shirt with a tuxedo print to a funeral... with two beer cans taped to a hard hat.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4322
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always been taught to dress appropriately- never flashy.

Why should the clothes speak louder than the man who's wearing it? Regardless of where he's going to end up or what his future might hold for him, I fault him or his people for this bad fashion faux pas. I'm sure if Mr. Blackwell were around, he'd agree.

The_nerd
Username: The_nerd

Post Number: 372
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder why he chose such a bad outfit for court? If anything, its a bad sign that this young man will continue to make bad choices in certain situations. Yes, it's just a suit today, but look at his motives for choosing such a garish suit and his alternatives. I'm sure that Mr. Abraham knew that his attire didn't convey a messaging indicating his rehabilitation. I'm sure others told him to wear something more conservative, but he or the environment/family/friends where he will soon return told him to screw social norms, even if he only needed to adhere to them for a short while. To me it indicates the same problems that landed him in jail, choosing what he wants to do over the more conservative/appropriate choice.

I can't imaging that he'll wear that or a similar suit to a job interview (even at McDonalds).

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2402
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Jrvass, but given the fact that I am not a resident of Oakland Co., I really don't have much of a say in the matter at the time (several letters to the editor, notwithstanding).

However, I am a resident of Michigan, and I take issue with the fact that my tax dollars are being spent on this reprobate who should've been planted in the ground after he was found guilty 10 years ago!

OABTW, Ronnie Greene Jr. was black too.

Mattric43
Username: Mattric43

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.wxyztv.com/wxyz/nw_ local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ _15924_5293888,00.html
Now this is good news. Like stated earlier, there are hard working people who stay out of trouble that would love to go to college, but can't afford it. This is only fair. Good luck Nathanial.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 298
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The plot thickens.

"To fabricate a story that he isn't going to get paid services is a misrepresentation of what was actually discussed and offered," Gorcyca said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070123/M ETRO/701230350/1003

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is a kid from Oakland County given assistance (or why is it even being talked about) meant for kids in WAYNE County? Doesn't seem right. He's never lived in Wayne County, isn't living in Wayne County and I don't think he is planning on moving to Wayne County. I have students in the foster care system aging out and they are getting NO help! The program doesn't even exist yet...I'm sure they can find plenty of kids in Wayne County who are eligible.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2404
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, Detroitteacher.

You'll rock the boat.

The guv doesn't like it when you rock the boat...

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 992
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nate and Oprah:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 70201/ap_en_tv/people_oprah

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 418
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OPRAH FOR PRESIDENT!!!

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He wont be a pimp considering he is living in Bay City. There isn't a market for pimps, the whores work as self employed bussiness women. I used to live there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.