Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit Walk of Fame « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3881
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know there is a Michigan Walk of Fame because I went to the ceremony for it so why no Detroit Walk of Fame? I don’t think this has been discussed on the forum in depth. I thought I had read that there were plans for this at one point. St. Louis has one and of course Hollywood.

Who would be on yours if you had the say? Where would you place the walk?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 160
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point. I also faintly remember a mention of doing this somewhere in the Civic Center.

Personally, I think there should be a monument, or a wall of some sort listing the names of Detroit residents who have given their life for either the DPD/DFD or war efforts.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a wall in the main lobby of police headquarters at 1300 Beaubien of all the Detroit Police Officers killed in the line of duty. The names are engraved on the marble facing to the right of the elevators.

The opposite wall has names of those instrumental in the building of the "new" headquarters in 1921.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.