Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Fisher Building Tour Photos! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 551
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well here's a whole bunch of photos of the Fisher Building in Detroit.. Sorry for the poor quality had to dither them down to post them..

Ventura67
Username: Ventura67

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As much dispair as I feel about all the great structures Detroit has lost and is losing, New Center, and the Fisher especially, are enough to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Or is that the Los Golanes margaritas I'm thinking of?)

Thanks for the pics!

Digitaldom

Post Number: 553
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are the last 2 pictures of? Is that Detroit?

Digitaldom

Post Number: 556
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops no there not.. they sort of slipped in there.. that's the new Grosse Pointe Woods Library... My parents and I went to Big Boy off of 8 mile.. Gotta hang with the parents once in a while.. My parents are in those photos.. sort of... lol.. And yeah before you ask.. no I have lived on my own for 7 years now.. LOL...

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 208
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, and when I saw what they were building next to Parcells I thought I was going to die. Ewald wasn't much better. Central doesn't look good but it is practical in space usage (I know, I work there). Don't worry about the quality. Good pictures in all

(Message edited by SCS100 on January 14, 2007)

Digitaldom

Post Number: 558
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah the full quality photos are posted at www.flickr.com/photos/danno_97 _2003 yeah there are photos of me up there too.. lol...

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 4:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Woods branch, like the Ewald branch, are both beautiful structures and a credit to the community. Now it's time to work on the Central branch,"practical in space usage" or not.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 748
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for a tour of one of my favorite buildings. Meet you for a chocolate Coke at Shetlers Drugs.....

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

okay, having grown up many miles from Detroit, and being kind of new to this site, which building is the Fisher Building? is it the old GM headquarters or something else?

if its not the GM building what does or did it house?

thanks

david

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 691
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ltdave,

look at the first picture posted above. The Fisher is on the left and the old GM building on the right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F isher_Building

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C adillac_Place

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 143
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pictures, everytime I see the Fisher I think of why I like Detroit so much, not duplicated anywhere,

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 363
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After many months of being laid off I was fortunate enough to land a new job that allows me to work at this grand old building. Nice pictures but it's a shame you were not able to take some when the Fisher was decorated for the holidays; you'll have to come back for Christmas-07 and snap some more pics.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 222
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granted central needs to be worked on. That boiler in there makes the building feel like a gigantic oven.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.