Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Best condo/ loft in Midtown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you think is the best condo/lofts in Midtown. for under 250 grand

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mine

or as they say in my hood...MINES

Futurecity
Username: Futurecity

Post Number: 441
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Canfield Lofts

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is there any abandon buildings or vacant land in midtown

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 708
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frenchy-
WTF, why don't you just go to Midtown and do this research on your own?
Call a realtor to look at lofts; drive around, you'll find many abandoned buildings & land.
Jeezus man, how about a little effort.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 980
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French777, you ask some dumb ass questions...

Didn't you ask what the best hotel is? On what merit? Cost, Location, etc.

I agree with Rrl, but if you can't go yourself, at least qualify your questions. Where do you go to school?

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 338
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been looking around Midtown/Downtown for condos and so far IMO I am very impressed by Park Shelton. They are decently priced, especially for everything that comes standard with them. I am still in the middle of my search so its really hard to say what I like best.

When you say "best" what do you mean? What's best for me might not be best for you. There are several factors to consider (size, location, amenities, location within the building, etc.)

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know when the Overland lofts are going to be finished?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 714
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll sellya my house in Warrendale for $200k.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1242
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ARE there are abandoned buildings or vacant land in midtown, as "are" is the correct form of the very "to be" one should use with a plural subject, such as buildings.

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I looked at the Park Shelton and 55 W Canfield and I liked both. The PS was just a little choppy layout wise...but cool older feel. The 55 West Can lofts were really just a shell of nothing when i looked last january...but the promise of what to come was pretty cool. I even put a deposit down on one, 733sqft one parking spot for 150,000. I found something bigger in Lafayette park at Leland lofts 1388sqft, 2 parking spots in a secured lot for about 185,000. ( i say about because of all the incentives tax wise and some special financing.)
I think 55 W is going to be awesome and
I get a little sad that im not there but most of the units are under 1000sqft.

(Message edited by imperfectly on January 09, 2007)

Cmubryan

Post Number: 339
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea Leland lofts are right across the street from me now and I really do love the Laf. Park area. They just are too pricey right now for me (starting at 200k+) and I know with special financing my payments would be closer to what a 185k loan would be or so but its still expensive.

Talked to Overland lofts today, they are starting at 170 for about 1050 sq feet. But Occupancy won't be until September.

Seriously looking at Garden Lofts in Brush Park as I want to be as downtown as possible I think.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 177
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Cmubryan. Wondering when they would be finished.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 206
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if French777 simply wants to start an interesting conversation/thread rather than getting an answer to a specific question...

Wordonthestreet
Username: Wordonthestreet

Post Number: 142
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some friends of mine just moved into The Ellington and they love it. I think they still have units available.

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cmu- i live with someone, by myself i could never buy my place !

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go get em' Frenchy!

I wonder if he went to investigate some abandoned property and fell in a hole?

Way to shake the tree though Frenchy! Good info sharing going on here.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

unless they fixed/rebuilt the elevators since its condo-ization, or you really like walking up stairs, I wouldn't recommend the park shelton

Cmubryan

Post Number: 340
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really? The elevators seemed to work when I was there. How long ago did you live there? Do they not usually?

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1448
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i moved out of there about 6 years ago.

it was very common for one of them to be out of order, not sure if they were ever both out at the same time though

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5401
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Decided it hit someplace esle. Hoppfully to still living in Detroit, Gravitymachine.

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no comprendo

Bussey

Post Number: 471
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You no speka Danneranza?

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your best bet is to buy secondhand--I would suggest 434 Alexandrine. Goog location, large units, desperate sellers willing to take dirt for their 5-y.o. loft condos. nevermind the developers. Get a "new" secondhand place for market price, and avoid developer prices.

Bussey

Post Number: 472
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a 2000 sq ft unit in my building that was never completely finished and hence never sold by the original developer. He is being foreclosed on by the bank and it is up for auction in Feb.

169,000 still owed to the bank but if you know foreclosures you should know that any reasonable offer will be reviewed.

If completely finished, i.e. doors cased, lighting fixtures capped off, trim finished, it could go for 199 or higher.

Two floors, 2000 sq ft, 2 1/2 baths.

I'd go for it but after just finishing school, getting married, spending two weeks in Germany, and now going back for my Masters this is the last thing I want to tackle now.

Their are two other units available 1350 sq ft each, both for around 160,000. They were still on Realtor DOT com last time I checked.

Any questions see me since I am the association pres.

Tally Ho!

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Bussey. Shoot me an email at jlane@unitedauto.com i would like to hear the layout or see for that reason and the logistics of where this building is at and such!!

Developer
Username: Developer

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come Check out Research Lofts

Located on Trumbull Ave, 1 - 1/2 blocks north of Wayne State's football field.

Cmubryan

Post Number: 341
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gdub,
How would I find any available condos at 434??

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.