Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 4 murders in a week not a big deal in detroit but elsewhere............. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok I know this is probably going to start a rabble-fest but I feel this article is relevant due to the amount of discussions on whether or not something more should be done or just work out a statistic that makes people feel better.

this was on page 7a of sundays free press I couldn't find the article online so here goes-

Curfew considered in wake of killings-

With at least eight slayings in the first week of the new year, officials are considering a curfew to help stem the violence, the police superintendent said saturday. Mayor Ron Nagin urged residents not to leave the city, still rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina, because of the recent killings He said the slaying could be a tipping point that "galvanizes our community" to find solutions.
no writer/source credits were given
let the rabble begin.........

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 378
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isnt eight a week about what we average regularly? Maybe we should start curfews.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pics?

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 151
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/N/NEW_ORLEANS_KILLINGS

by Becky Bohrer

just for the record... :-)

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pics of what?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.