Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Photo Du Jour - January 3 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6110
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is today's P.D.J.

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 582
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's too bad. I really liked the Grad house, that looks like it would be in Milwaukee.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9120
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go figure. I have written several letters to the UofW about there stupid destruction of neighbourhoods. Not only due they have massive surface lots but many people rent out some of the majestic homes on Atkins and Patricia to many students (not following building or fire codes)because the dorms are either too crappy or overpriced.
Thanks UofW, your contributions to the city are duly noted.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 677
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Queen's University in Kingston found a creative way to save historic homes on campus and make room for new campus buildings. See the article below:

http://qnc.queensu.ca/story_lo ader.php?id=43ea15cca46fb

I would buy the grad house for a $1.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4719
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks AIW for the lesson in urban planning. Take a tour of Wayne State sometime. They not only destroyed a fantzy neighborhood of homes, but took the arterial streets too. They got plenty of parking ramps, complete with blue call boxes and flashing lights to call Uni. cops since Detroit can't guarantee safety down there. Add a huge dose of cul du sacs while you're at it.

jjaba, WSU Alum.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.