Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What a sad waste of a human life « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitsuperfly
Username: Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 81
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detroitnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/U PDATE/710050438

Federal prosecutor accused of sex crime commits suicide in Milan

A successful federal prosecutor, worked his way through college, struggled through law school, became successful as a federal attorney.... then flushed it all away cause he wanted to boink small children. Then killed himself.

When people's impulses become more valuable to them than their lives, families, careers and Christ (if they believe) its a tragic waste.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2313
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, he was definitely determined...you gotta give him that...

Rotation_slim
Username: Rotation_slim

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hate to be the cad here.. but good riddance. He at least had the decency to end the thing.

Thejesus

Post Number: 2314
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^except now he doesn't have to answer for his crimes, which is what he wanted

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he ultimately did answer for his crimes.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Death is the easy way out. I'd rather be dead than spend life in prison as a sex offender.

This is why I am against the death penalty. Everyone dies. Whats the punishment in that? Now life in a penitentiary, that is a living hell.

In addition, as a Christian, I believe everyone should have the opportunity to make themselves right with God.

This guy committing suicide doesn't benefit society or any of his potential victims. Its just a tragic waste.

(Message edited by detroitsuperfly on October 05, 2007)

Thejesus

Post Number: 2315
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I think he ultimately did answer for his crimes."

um, no...he won't serve a day of a prison term and he won't have to face anyone in a court of law...

he escaped all of that...he got exactly what he wanted...

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"um, no...he won't serve a day of a prison term and he won't have to face anyone in a court of law... "

um, no. He's dead, buddy. You can consider that answering for your crimes at the highest level.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, he answered for his feelings of desperation, depression, feeling sorry for himself and escaping his fate.

If he answered for his crimes, there would have been a trial and verdict.

Clark1mt
Username: Clark1mt

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But his death was of his choosing. That's worth nothing to society.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6445
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Other than he was judge, jury, and executioner.

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 280
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I think there was a verdict; guilty, which is inferred from his guilty plea; killing himself.

It just didn't occur in a courtroom.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This is why I am against the death penalty. Everyone dies. Whats the punishment in that? Now life in a penitentiary, that is a living hell."

It is, fly, but I'm tired of supporting them in prison for the rest of their lives. Off with their heads.

Track75
Username: Track75

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is a sad waste of a human life. Think about the circles of destruction he left in his wake. His wife. His children, who now have a suicidal pedophile to remember for the rest of their lives when to topic of "Dad" crosses their mind.

Assuming the attempt that got him arrested wasn't his first, think of the children he violated, the people around them who will be affected in various negative ways as they struggle to deal with what happened to them, remembering that victims of abuse often become perpetrators later on.

And finally, think of the sad waste of his own human potential. By all accounts he was actually a good prosecutor and apparently a decent husband/father. The world could use more people like that. Yet for whatever unknown reason he throws it all away and creates far more devastation than happiness in his time on this earth.

It's just sad.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

....well if you are a religious person... then you know he is paying for his crime. Death is the easy earthly way out... but again if you are religious then you already know the deal

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 448
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey. it saved the tax payers a lot of money. Not a total loss.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 571
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

death does nothing. he should have been locked up for life. true that to paul mcall, BTW...

also, how did he commit suicide if he was in a solitary anti-suicide ward?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As we learned with Ken Lay, if you die before you are convicted, you are not-guilty. He - his wife and family - will be able to keep his pension and while they lose out on life-insurance, his suicide was really the only way he was going to leave anything of value to his children.

The question isn't whether some Federal Agent killed him, but did they simply turn their backs and granted him a professional courtesy while he did himself in.

I would think that once you attempt suicide, they keep you on 24 hr watch. I guess there is such a thing as 23 1/2 hr watch.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 95
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with paulmcall, f'him he saved tax dollars.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 84
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy, you people sound like Muslims.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 151
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The dickhead did us no favors by offing himself. Since he is now dead and "Not guilty" because he died before being convicted; his wife can start collecting his pension for the rest of her life.

His three minor children can now get SSI benefits until age 21. I believe that includes, dental, health plus educational benefits as children of a Federal employee.

Karl_jr

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I'd rather support his children than his sorry child molesting ass. The only thing I feel bad about is that he didn't get a chance to meet his fellow prisoners for a few hours.

Themax
Username: Themax

Post Number: 849
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit superfly quote:"This is why I am against the death penalty. Everyone dies. Whats the punishment in that? Now life in a penitentiary, that is a living hell.

In addition, as a Christian, I believe everyone should have the opportunity to make themselves right with God.

This guy committing suicide doesn't benefit society or any of his potential victims. Its just a tragic waste."

So it sounds like you think prison should be a living hell which means you don't care what goes on in prison,i.e., guards beating/raping prisoners, prisoners killing other prisoners, prisoners driven crazy in solitary, etc.

How do you know the prosecutor didn't make himself right with his god in his own crazy way before he killed himself?

And how does putting someone in prison at the public's expense benefit society? Lifetime sentences are cruel and unusual punishment for the people footing the bill IMO.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 86
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How do you know the prosecutor didn't make himself right with his god in his own crazy way before he killed himself?"

Errrr... because he wouldn't have killed himself.

"And how does putting someone in prison at the public's expense benefit society?"

Justice. A verdict based on facts, based on a rational decision from a jury of his peers, a fair and public trial based on the rights of the 6th amendment, and a sentence handed down by a judge. You know, those pesky things our entire legal system is based on.

Suicide isn't justice, its an emotional reaction.

Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 87
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I guess I'd rather support his children than his sorry child molesting ass."

He's a child molester because the police say so?

I'm sorry, but our system doesn't work that way. The police aren't the final word in the justice system.

Karl_jr

Post Number: 102
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes that's it! he hung himself because he couldn't stand to be incarcerated because of the fact that he was innocent!

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A "sad waste," nothing.

He tried to hook up with FIVE-YEAR-OLD. Fuck him.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.